[comp.sys.apple2] Why NDA's not showing up?

rmitchel@bbn.com (Rob Mitchell) (02/28/91)

Hi,

	In /root/System/CDevs, I have bunch of NDA which once showed up
	fine, but now they don't.  I removed one obscure NDA that acted
	as startup manager of other NDA's (I forget name off hand, but
	it was something like NDAMaster).  Now all NDA's in subfolder
	do not get activated.  I tried removing Finfo file, but only
	NDA showing up is Control Panel.  What's up?

	Also, I have a few DA of type "Classic" that *never* showed up.
	What are these?  How can I get system to recognize them?  Or
	are they useless since they're Classic and not New?

	System is IIGS, Rom03, 1Mb, 40Mb drive, System 5.0.4.  Also
	none of my Inits are getting loaded, too.  Please understand
	that I'm not too much of an Apple II engineer (but I'm trying)
	but fully understand Mac/Unix systems.  Thanks!!!

Rob Mitchell                            Advanced Simulation Division
Unix & Macintosh Engineer               BBN Systems & Technologies
Internet: rmitchel@vax.bbn.com          33 Moulton Street   MS: 8/C
Primary Dwelling:   617-873-4041        Cambridge, MA  02138
Secondary Dwelling: 617-873-4071
FAX:                617-873-4315

These opinions are mine and mine only.  They do not represent BBNs' opinions.

In article <63016@bbn.BBN.COM> rmitchel@bbn.com (Rob Mitchell) writes:
>	In /root/System/CDevs, I have bunch of NDA which once showed up
>	fine, but now they don't.  I removed one obscure NDA that acted
>	as startup manager of other NDA's (I forget name off hand, but
>	it was something like NDAMaster).  Now all NDA's in subfolder
>	do not get activated.  I tried removing Finfo file, but only
>	NDA showing up is Control Panel.  What's up?

	The files should be in /root/System/Desk.Accs (or whatever it's
called).. CDevs is only for "CDEVS" (duhh), little programs that are seen
from within the Control Panel NDA..  Such as all of the built in ones.. Lots of
programs on the Mac work this way. They install a CDEV so you can change
program setting that way..

	If you simply typed the wrong path name for your message, I have
another possible solution.. Maybe the files are INACTIVATED.  You can do
a "file info" on drivers/cdevs/Deask Accessories and there's a box to click
that makes them inactive.. That is they are not run/loaded the next time you
boot.

>Rob Mitchell                            Advanced Simulation Division
>Unix & Macintosh Engineer               BBN Systems & Technologies

	I guess you've got your heart where it belongs, huh? Work on Macs but
have a GS for your own use!
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. /