[comp.sys.apple2] ICs wanted. Apple II+

A10278@TRMETU.BITNET (OMAR KHALID) (03/01/91)

I am looking for the following ICs (brand new or used). Plse inform if u know h
ow to get them (all or some of them) and their respective prices.

1) IC 4116
2) IC 6502
3) IC 68018
4) IC 68016
5) IC 68017
6) IC 8137
7) IC 8123
                  Thanks.          Omar Khalid, METU, Ankara.

sb@pnet91.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (03/02/91)

A10278@TRMETU.BITNET (OMAR KHALID) writes:
>I am looking for the following ICs (brand new or used). Plse inform if u know h
>ow to get them (all or some of them) and their respective prices.
>
>1) IC 4116
>2) IC 6502
>3) IC 68018
>4) IC 68016
>5) IC 68017
>6) IC 8137
>7) IC 8123
>                  Thanks.          Omar Khalid, METU, Ankara.

When you check an electronic parts catalog for IC's, you must generally know
what 'family' the chip is in.

4116 is a dynamic ram chip, 16k x 1, and costs around $2 for 200 ns speed
(adequate for II+). 6502 is a 65xx series microprocessor, and the 1 Mhz
version costs around $8. Numbers 68018, 68017, and 68016 are unfamiliar to me.
I suspect that these are not part numbers. 8123 and 8137 sound like "date
codes" to me (ie. 23rd week of year 81, 37th week of year 81). Look for
numbers like xx74LSyyy, where xx are letters showing the brand, eg. SN for
Texas Instruments, MCM for Morotola, etc. and yyy is the chip number denoting
its function, going from 000 to 999.

74LS... chips are of the TTL family, specifically Low-power Schottky (LS).
These are most common in computers.

Any well stocked parts distributer will carry the ram, mpu, and most ttl.

UUCP: lsuc!graham!pnet91!sb
INET: sb@pnet91.cts.com

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (03/04/91)

Date: 2 Mar 91 09:00:04 GMT
From: sb@pnet91.cts.com (Stephen Brown)
Subject: Re: ICs wanted. Apple II+
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple2

A10278@TRMETU.BITNET (OMAR KHALID) writes:
>I am looking for the following ICs (brand new or used). Plse inform if u know h
>ow to get them (all or some of them) and their respective prices.
>
>1) IC 4116
>2) IC 6502
>3) IC 68018
>4) IC 68016
>5) IC 68017
>6) IC 8137
>7) IC 8123
>                  Thanks.          Omar Khalid, METU, Ankara.

When you check an electronic parts catalog for IC's, you must generally know
what 'family' the chip is in.

4116 is a dynamic ram chip, 16k x 1, and costs around $2 for 200 ns speed
(adequate for II+). 6502 is a 65xx series microprocessor, and the 1 Mhz
version costs around $8. Numbers 68018, 68017, and 68016 are unfamiliar to me.
I suspect that these are not part numbers. 8123 and 8137 sound like "date
codes" to me (ie. 23rd week of year 81, 37th week of year 81). Look for
numbers like xx74LSyyy, where xx are letters showing the brand, eg. SN for
Texas Instruments, MCM for Morotola, etc. and yyy is the chip number denoting
its function, going from 000 to 999.

74LS... chips are of the TTL family, specifically Low-power Schottky (LS).
These are most common in computers.

Any well stocked parts distributer will carry the ram, mpu, and most ttl.

UUCP: lsuc!graham!pnet91!sb
INET: sb@pnet91.cts.com

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tomk
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tomk@nosc.mil