[comp.sys.apple2] Learning C

JDB8042@SUMMA.TAMU.EDU (John D. Baker->An Apple ZCPR3 nut//) (03/02/91)

From my experience, the book:

_Programming in C_
	by Stephen G. Kochan

is excellent.

If you are learning this entirely on your own, this is the way to go.
I first experienced the book back in the fall of 1985 when I pretended I wanted
to be a Computer Science major.  The book is utterly unsuitable as a classroom
text, but is EXCELLENT for learning on your own.

I return, could anyone suggest a self-teaching book that will help me come to
terms with Pascal?  Right now, I can find my way around Pascal, but I am not
at all comfortable with it.

Hope this helps, and Thanks.

John D. Baker ->An Apple ZCPR3 nut //
JDB8042@rigel.tamu.edu

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (03/04/91)

In article <910301122101.2021c082@SUMMA.TAMU.EDU> JDB8042@SUMMA.TAMU.EDU (John D. Baker->An Apple ZCPR3 nut//) writes:
[edited for brevity]
>I return, could anyone suggest a self-teaching book that will help me come to
>terms with Pascal?  Right now, I can find my way around Pascal, but I am not
>at all comfortable with it.

"Oh! Pascal!" by Doug Cooper and Michael Clancy, Second edition
ISBN# 0-393-95445-5. White cover with red photo-image of a
wooden spherical puzzle in pieces. Approx 610 pgs, soft cover.
Available at virtually any college bookstore and a number of
commercial bookstores.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

awillis@pro-angmar.UUCP (Albert Willis) (03/08/91)

I would like to second that. Oh! Pascal is an excellent book to use for
learning Pascal. Funny, informative and complete. Good luck.

Albert Willis
INET:  pro-angmar!awillis@alphalpha.com          | America Online: BCS Al
UUCP:..!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!awillis       | GEnie: A.Willis