[comp.sys.apple2] Jason Harper's InterNet address/my correspondence

In article <m0jF4c8-00003iC@jartel.info.com> jlevitsky@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Joshua Levitsky) writes:
>[finding Jason Harper]
>Have you tried America On-Line? I know he's on GEnie. I will ask around for his
>NET address... Probably in the credits of one of his programs I have.

Jason Harper's address is:

76703.4222@CompuServe.COM

	I mailed him last night in the middle of the night and already
had a reply when I got on today.. So I guess the gateway to CompuServe
doesn't have a big wait or anything..

	(I even kind of badgered him by stating that there were newer GIF
programs that are way faster than SHRConvert..)

	To paraphrase what he said:

	SuperConvert will save GIFs about 6 to 14 times faster than SHRConvert.

	SuperConvert will load GIFs about 40-60% faster.. So that means
that GIF3200 and Lord High Giffer (IF THE DAMN THING IS EVER RELEASED!! heh
heh heh) will still be way faster.

	He also said that viewing a GIF will be a two step process,
presumably loading to some interim format.. That's so many more viewing
modes and that type of thing are available.

	Gif 89a will not be supported in the beginning.. Wait.. he says
it will support the GIF files but not all extensions.. I guess you can
still view them but you won't get all of the new types of things from 89a..
Don't quote me on that part... I looked back at the letter he sent me and
I can't really understand it.

	It seems he's going for quality instead of speed. What I didn't
say to him is that it seems that the new GIF programs are eventually going
for quality AND blazing speed! (Gif3200 is still rough behind the edges but
very useful)
--
<unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! CHEAP CD INFO-mail me BETTER .sig?>