[comp.sys.apple2] GS Sauce problems

magras@cpsin2.cps.msu.edu (Jean C Magras) (03/07/91)

HI fellow netlanders!

    I bought a Harris Labs GS Sauce card with 2 meg on it from Programs Plus.
I installed it in my 2GS (an upgraded 2e with 2e type case, Sauce card fits
in only at a slight angle.) I left my 2gs on  for about 2 weeks. Now, it
my GS Sauce card is not being turned into /RAM5  automatically by Basic.system
or ORCA shell. Also my 5.25 drive (slot 6) is not being recognized. Some
message about 'not a boot disk' (this is Beyond Zork, which was the test disk)
with which I was able to boot days ago. In short, HHHHEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!

Anybody, know where I could get a real GS case for my 2gs motherboard ?

Thanx in advance,
J.C. Magras
magras@buster.cps.msu.edu
517 337 2267
1736 Burcham Drive
E. Lansing MI 48823

P.S. In beyond Zork, how do deal with the Christmas tree monsters, what use
 are the amulet, the onion and  the rug ? Just a thought.

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/10/91)

BASIC.System doesn't change the extra RAM into  /RAM5.  All of those
are set with the Control-Panel (Command-Control-Reset).  Try some other
disk to see if the files are even on your Zork disk, unless it's not
ProDOS, DOS 3.3 or Pascal.  The IIgs only displays that message when
there's a disk in the drive, but it's blank..  I don't know about Orca,
just check your Control-Panel settings.

NOTE: The Command key is the Open Apple Key on the IIe, and the Option is
      the same as the Solid(of filled)-Apple.

        Adam
----
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion