[comp.sys.apple2] Apple CP/M 2.2

curts@usenet.umr.edu (Curt Schroeder) (03/08/91)

If you are not familiar with Apple CP/M, press 'n' now...

I have been actively using Apple CP/M 2.2 patched to work with my Rana Elite 2
drive for about four years now.  Last night I tried to upgrade to ZCPR2.  After
much sweat and frustration, I have determined that the Rana patch and the ZCPR
patch to CPM56.COM are not quite compatible.  I would like to know if there is
anyone out there with a Rana Elite 2 that has found a way to patch ZCPR (any
version) to allow the full capability of the Rana Elite 2 to be used?  BTW, I
tried applying the Rana patch followed by the ZCPR patch, AND vice versa,
starting with a new copy of CPM56.COM each time.

Also, does anybody have the documented source for CPM56.COM?  Such an animal
must exist for people to make patches to it?!  If anyone does, could I get a
copy?

Thanks in advance for any help or leads.

Curt

Curt Schroeder | U of Missouri - Rolla | curts@ee.umr.edu       |
---------------------------------------| curts@cs.umr.edu       |
"Oops?  What do you mean, oops?  I     | s076895@umrvma.bitnet  |
 distinctly heard an oops!" - Opus     | -- Apple II Forever -- |

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (03/10/91)

Have you talked to the guys that wrote that CP/M system?  I know that they
used to be on GEnie running the CP/M Forum but I also know that they had
their wn board in Newton MA.

<< MCT >>

GEnie       : M.Tiernan
AppleLinkPE : M Tiernan or BCS Mike
Internet    : pro-angmar!m.tiernan@alfalfa.com
UUCP        : ...!uunet!alfalfa!pro-angmar!m.tiernan

"God isn't dead, he's only missing in action."
                                             - Phil Ochs