[comp.sys.apple2] IIgs Flight Simulators

irie@husc9.harvard.edu (Robert E. Irie) (03/10/91)

With all these new and flashy flight simulators out for the IBM and Amiga,
are there ANY hopes for one decent one for the IIgs? Maybe if we can get
the guys at FTA to do a real game instead of a demo?

Anyone know enough about computer graphics to even attempt such a project?

--
File: AW esome .sig            REVIEW/SEE/ADMIRE              Escape: Reality
=====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|====|=

meekins@apple.cis.ohio-state.edu (timothy lee meekins) (03/11/91)

In article <IRIE.91Mar10031332@husc9.harvard.edu> irie@husc9.harvard.edu (Robert E. Irie) writes:
>With all these new and flashy flight simulators out for the IBM and Amiga,
>are there ANY hopes for one decent one for the IIgs? Maybe if we can get
>the guys at FTA to do a real game instead of a demo?
>
>Anyone know enough about computer graphics to even attempt such a project?

Well, I'm working on a Master's in computer graphics and animation.
Yes, I have considered working on a flight simulator, but they are a lot
different than computer graphics (yes, really). I still occasionally think
of different ideas on how to do it, but it could be awhile before I actually
try to do anything. BTW, there's a nice X11-based flight simulator over
on one of the MIT ftp servers (I can't remember which one, expo maybe?).

>--
>File: AW esome .sig            REVIEW/SEE/ADMIRE              Escape: Reality
>Robert E. Irie                                         irie@husc9.harvard.edu
>EE Major, Harvard College                              irie@husc9.bitnet
>Type mail or use rn commands          Line     Column    8M, 20Mhz CPU Wanted

--
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|