[comp.sys.apple2] 80-column super-hires font

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (03/09/91)

Where can i find an 80-column font that looks exactly like the text screen
80-column font. It would be nice if inverse characters and mousetext
characters were included.

albert

kboyleii@itsgw.rpi.edu (Kevin J Boyle) (03/10/91)

In article <2810@kluge.fiu.edu> acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:
>Where can i find an 80-column font that looks exactly like the text screen
>80-column font. It would be nice if inverse characters and mousetext
>characters were included.
>
>albert

Speaking of fonts, does anyone know of a way to create your own, and what
utilities/programs one needs to do so?  Please reply by Email.

                                       Thanx,
                                           Kevin Boyle
                                           kboyleii@rpi.edu
                                           Tex@mts.rpi.edu

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (03/10/91)

kboyleii@itsgw.rpi.edu (Kevin J Boyle) writes:

>In article <2810@kluge.fiu.edu> acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:
>>Where can i find an 80-column font that looks exactly like the text screen
>>80-column font. It would be nice if inverse characters and mousetext
>>characters were included.
>>
>>albert

>Speaking of fonts, does anyone know of a way to create your own, and what
>utilities/programs one needs to do so?  Please reply by Email.
>
>                                       Thanx,
>                                           Kevin Boyle
>                                           kboyleii@rpi.edu
>                                           Tex@mts.rpi.edu

Kevin: to create your own IIgs fonts (filetype $C8) you could use Beagle Bros.
Font Editor, but you must have a mouse in order to use it.  The BBs Font
Editor is DHR, and there's a shareware (or freeware) Font Editor out, which I
have a copy of and would be more than happy to mail it to you providing you
have BinSCII.

Albert: I have seventeen 3.5" disks full of IIgs fonts.  Let me look through
them and see if I can find on that resembles Apple 80 Col. text.  Incidentally,
I created a MouseText Font that I would be happy to Email to you providing you
have BinSCII.

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (03/11/91)

There's a font called Apple II.
But it won't look exactly like the 80 column text font since the text
screen uses 560X192 and the super hires screen is either 320X200 or 640X200.

Best bet is to use 640 mode and programmer's font or some other
non-proportional font.

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu

*     Destiny is a birth-right.      |  nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu              *
*     Not wanting it is a decision.  |  Junior at Bonston University       *
*     Not realizing it is failure.   |            computer science         *

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (03/11/91)

On Sun, 10 Mar 91 05:31:41 GMT Kevin J Boyle said:

>Speaking of fonts, does anyone know of a way to create your own, and what
>utilities/programs one needs to do so?  Please reply by Email.

Or, better yet, does anyone know the file format for fonts?

>                                           Tex@mts.rpi.edu

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (03/11/91)

Could the person that has that PD or shareware font editor please
send me a copy?

I would have e-mailed you, but your address wasn't in the message header
or in a sig.

Thanks

In article <9103110455.AA12608@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>Or, better yet, does anyone know the file format for fonts?

	It's in the Toolbox Manual.. I forget which one.

	Sorry, you'll have to shell out the dough to find it out...
(way too much to type in too)
--
<unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! CHEAP CD INFO-mail me BETTER .sig?>

bill@pro-gateway.cts.com (Bill Long, SysOp) (03/11/91)

>>Speaking of fonts, does anyone know of a way to create your own, and what
>>utilities/programs one needs to do so?  Please reply by Email.

>Kevin: to create your own IIgs fonts (filetype $C8) you could use Beagle
>Bros. Font Editor, but you must have a mouse in order to use it.  The BBs
>Font Editor is DHR, and there's a shareware (or freeware) Font Editor out,

There's also one from Seven Hills Software called Font Factory. InCider rated
it highest, and it is GS-specific and uses the SHR screen.

----
Internet: bill@pro-gateway.cts.com