[comp.sys.apple2] vt100 emulator

mkoprows@ub.d.umn.edu (Mark) (03/10/91)

I was wondering what is the best terminal emulator for VT100, I need a good
Vt100 emulator and have tried to use ProTerm and Zlink and the are true
emulators. The problem is I have some programs that write stuff to the top
line of the screen and ProTerm and Zlink end putting the cursor where was
just writen to and not at the line where it should be. The programs work fine
at school and a friend told me that it works fine on his IBM.

			Thanks in advance.

|   The only reason for time is so that            Mark                    |
|   two things don't happen at once.               mkoprwos@ub.d.umn.edu   |

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (03/10/91)

mkoprows@ub.d.umn.edu (Mark) writes:

>I was wondering what is the best terminal emulator for VT100, I need a good
>Vt100 emulator and have tried to use ProTerm and Zlink and the are true
>emulators. The problem is I have some programs that write stuff to the top
>line of the screen and ProTerm and Zlink end putting the cursor where was
>just writen to and not at the line where it should be. The programs work fine
>at school and a friend told me that it works fine on his IBM.
>
>			Thanks in advance.

>|   The only reason for time is so that            Mark                    |
>|   two things don't happen at once.               mkoprwos@ub.d.umn.edu   |

Well, I use ProTERM v2.2 w/VT100 emulation and have had no problems, actually
I'm impressed by the on-screen cursor movement that the Apple //e has using
VT100.  Inverse text is also useful.  Concerning the IBM, I think that what-
ever is inverse on the Apple under VT100 is Boldfaced on an IBM, but I'm not
too sure about that, I haven't had much experience with VT100 on an IBM.

davewh@microsoft.UUCP (03/12/91)

I've used Z-Link extensively and have not had troubles with it. If
you would capture a session where the wrong thing happens, I could
track down the bug. Just turn capture on and get the sequence that
does the wrong thing. Turn capture off and save the buffer to disk.
Encode that file with BinSCII and mail it to me.

Anyone else: if you're having emulator troubles then follow that
procedure just mentioned. I can't fix bugs I don't know about...

Dave Whitney
Microsoft
I wrote Z-Link and BinSCII.