[comp.sys.apple2] Kermit, IIe, & SSC

MANUTTER@grove.iup.edu ("Mark Nutter, Apple Support") (03/12/91)

I'm trying to get a faculty member here on-line to our mainframe.  His
equipment is a IIe, Super Serial Card, and a DOV modem.  The problem is that
Kermit can't seem to handle the SSC, even though ProTerm communicates with no
problem.  I put a breakout box on the output from the SSC, and it looks like
the SSC is sending the first character I type, and then freezing: i.e. only the
first character gets through.  I have the SSC manual and have tried a variety
of DIP switch settings, notably Interrupts On/Interrupts Off, but no change.
Proterm works, and Kermit doesn't.  Wit's end.  Can anyone help?  Please reply
directly to me, as I no longer subscribe to Info-Apple.  Thank you.

Mark Nutter                                                     MANUTTER@IUP
Apple Support Manager, Indiana University of Pennsylvania

bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) (03/12/91)

I have a SSC in slot 2 which I am presently using with Kermit.  The switches are
set as follows:  (1 = ON 0 = OFF)

SW1    1 2 3 4 5 6 7     SW2    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

       0 1 1 1 1 1 1            0 1 0 1 0 1 0

THIS WILL GIVE YOU 1200 BAUD AND INTERUPTS ON.

     I have had no problems with Kermit other than the fact that it doesn't
automatically switch to terminal mode when I dial a number when my ZipChip is
at 8 MHz.  When the chip is at 1 MHz it works fine.

--
Bill Carss
bill@braille.uwo.ca

medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (03/14/91)

In article <2458@ria.ccs.uwo.ca> bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) writes:

>I have a SSC in slot 2 which I am presently using with Kermit.  The switches are
>set as follows:  (1 = ON 0 = OFF)
>
>SW1    1 2 3 4 5 6 7     SW2    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
>
>       0 1 1 1 1 1 1            0 1 0 1 0 1 0
>
>THIS WILL GIVE YOU 1200 BAUD AND INTERUPTS ON.

 For kermit-65 the only thing required is the interupt sw. Baud rate
is set internaly.

73, ted
n6trf