[comp.sys.apple2] I Wanna Quit!

wiles@hadar.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Dale L. Wiles) (03/09/91)

I'm trying to write a ProDOS application that will perform some housekeeping
at start up and then prompt the user to either continue startup, or run
'basic.system'

I should be able just to make a 'sys' file and put it before my application,
and have it exit normaly if I want to continue, or run 'basic.system' if I say
so.

My question is: "How do I make a sys file that will play nice with everyone
else." I read the tech. notes, but they all said to buy a book. (I know that
this info was in an old version of the notes!!!)

Any pointers would be welcome.

				Dale

--
Reply to: ...!{watmath,boulder,rutgers}!cs.buffalo.edu!wiles
Disclaimer: I'm right, you're wrong, so disclaim this!!! <Rude hand gesture.>

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/14/91)

If you have 80 column, and 128k, rename the SYS files remove the .SYSTEM
sufix.  Now when you access PRODOS, it will NOT find a .SYSTEM file.  So it
automaticly executes the BYE.  Now you can select any SYS type file you
want.

        .s
----
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion