[comp.sys.apple2] Space Ace Problems

rbannon@mira.acs.calpoly.edu (Roy Bannon) (03/13/91)

Hi gang!

Well, after talking to Ready Soft, It seems that space ace has a problem
and won't run on some machines for some unknown reason.  Since I got one
of these machines that it won't work on, I was wondering if anyone else
out there is having simillar problems.  Email me if anyone knows anything
about this.  It breaks into the monitor after trying to begin the game with
key 0.  It flashes up a picture of Space Ace with lives remaining, and then
thats it, crash into the monitor.

Roy
Rbannon@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

drewr@hpcc01.HP.COM (Drew Rudman) (03/15/91)

/ hpcc01:comp.sys.apple2 / rbannon@mira.acs.calpoly.edu (Roy Bannon) / 10:19 am  Mar 12, 1991 /

>Well, after talking to Ready Soft, It seems that space ace has a problem
>and won't run on some machines for some unknown reason.  Since I got one
>of these machines that it won't work on, I was wondering if anyone else
>out there is having simillar problems.  Email me if anyone knows anything
>about this.  It breaks into the monitor after trying to begin the game with
>key 0.  It flashes up a picture of Space Ace with lives remaining, and then
>thats it, crash into the monitor.

>Roy
>Rbannon@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

I had similar problems.  I believe it stems from letting the demo run.  Press
0 to begin the game BEFORE the games spurs off into the demonstration.  That
usually solved the problem for me.

Drew

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (03/15/91)

>Hi gang!
>
>Well, after talking to Ready Soft, It seems that space ace has a problem
>and won't run on some machines for some unknown reason.  Since I got one
>of these machines that it won't work on, I was wondering if anyone else
>out there is having simillar problems.  Email me if anyone knows anything
>about this.  It breaks into the monitor after trying to begin the game with
>key 0.  It flashes up a picture of Space Ace with lives remaining, and then
>thats it, crash into the monitor.
>
>Roy
>Rbannon@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

  Roy, I ordered my copy from Programs Plus and had the same problem. I sent
it back to them and got a replacement copy. It works fine. :).  By the way
forget the documentations comments about not running from a hard drive. I put
my copy on the hard drive and it works fine. I may just be lucky, but give it
a try when you get a good copy, if you have a hard drive.

Robert

Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (03/15/91)

In article <A66D68295E9F000C34@UALR.BITNET> RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") writes:

>>Well, after talking to Ready Soft, It seems that space ace has a problem
>>and won't run on some machines for some unknown reason.  Since I got one
>>of these machines that it won't work on, I was wondering if anyone else
>>out there is having simillar problems.  Email me if anyone knows anything
>>about this.  It breaks into the monitor after trying to begin the game with
>>key 0.  It flashes up a picture of Space Ace with lives remaining, and then
>>thats it, crash into the monitor.
>
>  Roy, I ordered my copy from Programs Plus and had the same problem. I sent
>it back to them and got a replacement copy. It works fine. :).  By the way
>forget the documentations comments about not running from a hard drive. I put
>my copy on the hard drive and it works fine. I may just be lucky, but give it
>a try when you get a good copy, if you have a hard drive.

	It's not actually a bad copy.  My original of Space Ace did
the same thing.  The problem is when you press 0, you interrupt the
demo, which will cause the program to crash.

	There isn't a way to fix it, but you can avoid the problem.
All you have to do is press '0' when the credits are up, so you don't
interrupt the demo.

	Hope this helps.
| Steve Chiang      Apple //gs Forever!         | Coming Soon:  |
| Columbia University in the Harlem area  :P    |  DreamGrafix: |
| Internet       :  stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu |   3200 color  |
| America_Online :  DWS Steve                   |     power     |