[comp.sys.apple2] Programming help needed on Apple //e

bruce@watnxt2.ucr.edu (Ahmon Dancy) (03/11/91)

Hi... I am borrowing someone's Apple //e to fiddle around with it and seeing
that I have no technical manuals about the computer, I am limited to what i
can figure out by previous knowledge and/or experimentation.  Anyway, what I
want information about is:

1) Some kind of memory Map
2) The $c000 range.. How the slots are accessed, etc.
3) The significance of addresses like $0x78 $0xf8 (Like $0778 and $06f8)

Any information is appreciated.

Oh.. also
4) Interrupts?

BEASON@GENESEO.BITNET (Bob Beason) (03/11/91)

I think most of your questions can be answered by getting a copy of
"Beneath Apple ProDOS" by Worth & Lechner, Quality Software Pub.  It is
a well written book for programming.
Bob Beason
beason@geneseo.bitnet

edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) (03/15/91)

How up to date is Beneath Apple ProDOS?  I have a copy from 1984 or 85 and
it deals with version 1.1... Aside from AppleTalk, what has happened to
ProDOS since v1.1 in terms of errors and calls?  I can never find up to
date info...
Edwin Howell Watkeys III

Internet: edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com  ProLine:  edwatkeys@pro-sol
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys    ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys@nosc.mil