[comp.sys.apple2] Orca lseek problem

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (03/16/91)

   I seem to be having a problem with the Orca lseek call (it's documented
in the release notes for 1.1).  I'm giving it a valid file descriptor,
a longword offset (which is in range for the file in question), and a 0
which means offset from beginning of file.  No matter what I do (like
hardcoding values into the call) I get a "invalid parameter" error back
from it.
   Anyone else have similar problems?

--
Jawaid Bazyar               |"I'm sure K&R have never heard of Mike."
Senior/Computer Engineering |

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (03/16/91)

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) writes:

>   I seem to be having a problem with the Orca lseek call (it's documented
>in the release notes for 1.1).  I'm giving it a valid file descriptor,
>a longword offset (which is in range for the file in question), and a 0
>which means offset from beginning of file.  No matter what I do (like
>hardcoding values into the call) I get a "invalid parameter" error back
>from it.
>   Anyone else have similar problems?

I remember this being posted before a few months ago by Chan Wilson; my
suggestion was to use GS/OS directly or to write replacements for that section
of the Orca library, which if I remember correctly is pretty simple and is
not far above GS/OS calls (most of which I have tested code for from another
project).

Mail me with what you need to do, maybe we can whip up something quick to fix
it.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu