[comp.sys.apple2] Beagle Basic

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET ("Edward M. Moore") (03/08/91)

Hello.  I recently was given a copy of the Beagle Bros program "Beagle Basic".
However, when I try to set up my settings, my cursor goes weird, and when
i try to change tone or swap, it freezes or crashes, respectivly.  Anything
I can do?

TSEMM@Alaska.bitnet

leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com (Lee Dronick) (03/10/91)

-> Hello.  I recently was given a copy of the Beagle Bros program "Beagle
Basi
-> However, when I try to set up my settings, my cursor goes weird, and
when
-> i try to change tone or swap, it freezes or crashes, respectivly.
Anything
-> I can do?

You can download Beagle Basic and a lot of other "Beagle Oldies" from
pro-beagle 619-558-6151 on weekends only.

Sounds like you might have a bad disk

Beagle Lee
Tech Support
----
ProLine:  leed@pro-nsdapple
Internet: leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed
ARPA:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed@nosc.mil

benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) (03/13/91)

In article <7907@crash.cts.com> leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com (Lee Dronick) writes:

>You can download Beagle Basic and a lot of other "Beagle Oldies" from
>pro-beagle 619-558-6151 on weekends only.

Unfortunately, that's a long-distance call for most people, and even on
weekends, the charges can rack up.  Are any of the Oldies available
anywhere else (like an FTP site?)  If not, can someone who has them
upload them to tybalt?  You'll earn my thanks, if nothing else.  (I'm
particularly interested in the Beagle Compiler.)

Ben Rudiak-Gould         {_ "It's not how high you are, _}   Disclaimer:
benji@euler.berkeley.edu  _}  it's Hi, how are you?"   {_  Opinions are mine...
 ( --> SOON TO BE <--    {_        -- Mike Sugarbaker   _} Mine... ALL MINE!!!!
benji@garnet.berkeley.edu) }___________________________{   HA HA HAAA HAAAAAA!!

In article <11933@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) writes:
>Unfortunately, that's a long-distance call for most people, and even on
>weekends, the charges can rack up.  Are any of the Oldies available
>anywhere else (like an FTP site?)  If not, can someone who has them
>upload them to tybalt?  You'll earn my thanks, if nothing else.  (I'm
>particularly interested in the Beagle Compiler.)

	This -has- to go on the FAQ list.

	you can download the programs from Pro-Beagle, but you are not allowed
to upload them anywhere else. I believe they also allow copying in person for
your friends... Just no uploading anywhere else..

	Be happy Apple has wised up and put System 5.0 on the FTP site!
--
<unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! CHEAP CD INFO-mail me BETTER .sig?>

a.guillaume@trl.oz.au (andrew guillaume) (03/15/91)

In article <13364@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The
Unknown User) writes:

> In article <11933@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU
(Benji Rudiak-Gould) writes:
> >Unfortunately, that's a long-distance call for most people, and even on
> >weekends, the charges can rack up.

Especially if you're overseas :-(

> 	you can download the programs from Pro-Beagle, but you are not allowed
> to upload them anywhere else. I believe they also allow copying in person for
> your friends...

If this last sentence is true, how about having expressions of interest from
people who have easy access to Pro-Beagle and who are willing to help. I'm
sure there's plenty of readers (like me :-) who would appreciate it !
I am interested in programs that will work on a //c (i.e. that don't need
extra hardware that my //c can't accomodate), that will have some
educational content. I would provide diskettes (5.25" for the time being)
and would pay for shipping. I don't have a list of what Oldies are
available, but I picked up Beagle Bag from a shop which couldn't sell it
because they didn't know what it was for, and I wouldn't mind trying out
other Beagle programs.

> <unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! CHEAP CD INFO-mail me
BETTER .sig?>

Nope. Your .sig is short and concise. Can't be BETTER :-)

Andrew Guillaume
Internet : a.guillaume@trl.oz.au

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/18/91)

>Unfortunately, that's a long-distance call for most people, and even on
>weekends, the charges can rack up.  Are any of the Oldies available
>anywhere else (like an FTP site?)  If not, can someone who has them
>upload them to tybalt?  You'll earn my thanks, if nothing else.  (I'm
>particularly interested in the Beagle Compiler.)

The Beagle Compiler is *NOT* one of the Beagle Oldies.. sorry, you'll
have to buy that still. By the way, mail order houses have been selling
some of that real cheap (I remember seeing Beagle Compiler at an AppleFest
for $19.95 -- which is a great price for a $75 program).

Mark Munz
Beagle Bros, Inc.

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/18/91)

> The Beagle Oldies

If you are part of a User Group, you should check into having the User
Group acquire the Beagle Oldies. They can be downloaded from GEnie as well
as Pro-Beagle (AOL will soon also have Beagle Oldies available).

I would suggest you write to Lee Dronick at Beagle Bros & ask him for more
details (I try to stay out of that stuff -- I've got enough to do as it
is).

Mark Munz
Research & Development
Beagle Bros, Inc.