[comp.sys.apple2] Timeout Graph info wanted

mlc@aten.cca.rok.com (Michael L. Cook) (03/15/91)

I am interested in using Timeout Graph from Beagle Bros.
I have an Apple 2c and use AppleWorks 2.0.

What type of graphs can be made with Timeout Graph?
How easy is it to customize plot attributes (titles, tick
marks, axis ranges, etc)?
How easy is it to print the graphs on an Imagewriter 1?
What is the quality of the printouts?

I got some information from Beagle Bros. directly, but their
pamphlet didn't have example plots or tell how easy/hard it
is to interface and use Timeout Graph with AppleWorks.

Are example plots easily available?

Thanks for any information.

--

Michael Cook
Internet: mlc%gva.decnet@consrt.rok.com

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/18/91)

>I am interested in using Timeout Graph from Beagle Bros.
>I have an Apple 2c and use AppleWorks 2.0.
>
>What type of graphs can be made with Timeout Graph?

There are 9, including Bar, Line, Pie, XY, Area, and Hi-Lo.

>How easy is it to customize plot attributes (titles, tick
>marks, axis ranges, etc)?

It's all menu driven with standard AppleWorks-type menus, so
if you know how to use AppleWorks, you can do this stuff without
any problems.

>How easy is it to print the graphs on an Imagewriter 1?

Piece of cake.. just configure Graph Printer to an ImageWriter.
And your Interface to the IIc Port.

>What is the quality of the printouts?

I think you'll find the quality to be quite good. You can print
out your graph in three different sizes as well.

>I got some information from Beagle Bros. directly, but their
>pamphlet didn't have example plots or tell how easy/hard it
>is to interface and use Timeout Graph with AppleWorks.

TimeOut lets you access graph with a couple keystrokes (Open-Apple-Escape,
pick Graph from a menu & you're in it). You then select ranges & such
just as you would inside AppleWorks.

>Are example plots easily available?

I'll bring up the idea of sample graph printouts to our Customer Service
department.

I hope that helps a bit more.

Mark Munz
Beagle Bros, Inc.