[comp.sys.apple2] Snail Mail to Applied Engineering

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/19/91)

I think if you want a company to change it's ways, you should tell them.  I
have been very satisfied with their 3.5" disk drive.  I want it upgraded to
1.6 meg, but I don't know ho much, and how to do it.  Anyway, if so many
people don't like the Applied Engineering tech support, write letters
(Snail Mail)  I am sure if they get enough from different people they will
change.

        Adam
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

asslk@acad2.anc.alaska.edu (Kingry Shane L) (03/20/91)

In article <8083@crash.cts.com>, aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes...

>I think if you want a company to change it's ways, you should tell them.  I
>have been very satisfied with their 3.5" disk drive.  I want it upgraded to
>1.6 meg, but I don't know ho much, and how to do it.  Anyway, if so many
>people don't like the Applied Engineering tech support, write letters
>(Snail Mail)  I am sure if they get enough from different people they will
>change.
>
>        Adam
>+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
>|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
>|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
>|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
>|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
>|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
>+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
>|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |
>+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

to the best of my knowlede, you just order an upgrade kit

also, good luck on getting any responce on letters - they have responded to
ZER, none, zip, of my letters

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (03/20/91)

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:

>I think if you want a company to change it's ways, you should tell them.  I
>have been very satisfied with their 3.5" disk drive.  I want it upgraded to
>1.6 meg, but I don't know ho much, and how to do it.  Anyway, if so many
>people don't like the Applied Engineering tech support, write letters
>(Snail Mail)  I am sure if they get enough from different people they will
>change.

>        Adam
>+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
>|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
>|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
>|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
>|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
>|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
>|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |

I am pleased with their 3.5" drive, too, although I thought it wouldhave a
faster disk access speed.  I know they've got the 1.4MB upgrade for it available. My complaint about AE is that the only tech support they offer on their BBS is
exactly what you find in the manual (it's been 3 months since I've call it so
maybe that's changed) and they have not replied to 3 letters (Snail Mail) of mine.