[comp.sys.apple2] A little more about the rumor

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (03/15/91)

	Well, I read someone saying something about on April 15th,
Apple //'s would no longer be on price lists.

	Well, from where I'm from (Iowa City), the University of Iowa
computer center (WEEG) is offering a trade in for those Apple //gs
users for any model Macintosh, between the days of April 15-19 (how
coincidental).  I'm not sure exactly what the details are, but I'm
wondering if anyone else's university is having the same deal...  what
does this mean?

 _______________________________________________ _______________
| Steve Chiang      Apple //gs Forever!         | Coming Soon:  |
|-----------------------------------------------|---------------|
| Columbia University in the Harlem area  :P    |  DreamGrafix: |
| Internet       :  stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu |   3200 color  |
| America_Online :  DWS Steve                   |     power     |
|_______________________________________________|_______________|

asr36850@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Tony) (03/16/91)

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) writes:

>	Well, I read someone saying something about on April 15th,
>Apple //'s would no longer be on price lists.

>	Well, from where I'm from (Iowa City), the University of Iowa
>computer center (WEEG) is offering a trade in for those Apple //gs
>users for any model Macintosh, between the days of April 15-19 (how
>coincidental).  I'm not sure exactly what the details are, but I'm
>wondering if anyone else's university is having the same deal...  what
>does this mean?

> _______________________________________________ _______________
>| Steve Chiang      Apple //gs Forever!         | Coming Soon:  |
>|-----------------------------------------------|---------------|
>| Columbia University in the Harlem area  :P    |  DreamGrafix: |
>| Internet       :  stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu |   3200 color  |
>| America_Online :  DWS Steve                   |     power     |

My University (the University of Illinois) is offering a similar deal.
You can trade in all or part of an Apple System, and get money off for
purchasing a new system.  I love my GS and would never think of parting
with it, so I don't know if the above trade would work here for sure, but
if this is something that Apple is doing, than it probably is.
					Tony

KPS112@psuvm.psu.edu (03/21/91)

About the rumor that apple may be taking the IIs off of price lists starting
April 15th, at the local General Computer outlet (about a mile from their
national headquarters) there are no longer any apple IIs.  They disappeared
sometime last month.  I don't know if they're still selling and just have
none on the floor, or if they've stopped selling them completely, but
they're a pretty large chain and it's not good news.

Kevin Stone
KPS112@psuvm.psu.edu