[comp.sys.apple2] CD-ROM info wanted for 2GS

cfw@res-c4.Prime.COM (Christopher Wroten) (03/20/91)

I'm interested in getting a CD-ROM for my 2GS.  What players are available
and what CDs and costs?  Experiences/advice/info etc would be appreciated.
I have an AE PC Transporter too.  If CD-ROMs are scarce for the GS, might I
be able to "plug one into" my PC Transporter and use it from DOS?

--
Christopher F. Wroten                Statements made here are my own and do not
Prime Computer Inc., MS 10-24        necessarily reflect Prime's opinions.

edward@pro-harvest.cts.com (Edward Floden) (03/22/91)

To say that CD-ROMs for the IIgs are scarce is an understatement. To my
knowledge, only one CD-ROM has been produced with the IIgs as its primary
target. That disc is a 150 megabyte collection of public domain, freeware
and shareware, called "GEM-CD for the Apple II". (Yes, regular 'II' files
are on the disc, in addition to the IIgs stuff.)

For better information, contact Digital Data Express, 13636 S. Western
Ave., Suite 28, Blue Island, IL 60406. Telephone 708.389.7744. I believe
that the price is $80.

The disc also contains the complete demonstration version of HyperStudio
from Roger Wagner Publishing, and a LOT of fonts.
----
ProLine:  edward@pro-harvest    |   ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!edward@nosc.mil
Internet: edward@pro-harvest.cts.com    |    UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!edward
BIX: edward2 | CIS: 73220,1624 | America Online: Elseware | GEnie: E.FLODEN