[comp.sys.apple2] CPM communications program please?

mck@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Doug McKenzie) (03/20/91)

Hello.

My Dad has an Apple II (possibly II+, not IIe) with a CPM card, off which he
runs in particular Wordstar.  However, his only communications program runs
on Apple DOS, making him unable to edit email very well, or hack up

Could anyone offer a recommendation for a (public domain hopefully) CPM
communication program that works on an Apple?

Thanks a lot!

Doug McKenzie
HP HP-UX Support
mck@cup.hp.com or ...hplabs!hpda!mck
408 447-4428

bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss) (03/22/91)

In article <105500003@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com> mck@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Doug McKenzie) writes:

>Could anyone offer a recommendation for a (public domain hopefully) CPM
>communication program that works on an Apple?
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>Doug McKenzie
>HP HP-UX Support

The only CP/M modem program I have ever used is Modem 7.  It is NOT
freeware or pd (I don't think).

I would suggest that your dad move up into the world of DOS or ProDOS
and get some other modem program.

--
Bill Carss
bill@braille.uwo.ca