[comp.sys.apple2] Copyright cost = $20

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (03/22/91)

Just a followup on some of the traffic re: copyrights:
     As of 1/1/91, copyright registration cost = $20.

Note: you have the copyright by virtue of writing, not publishing.
However, you need to register if you want to collect damages in court.

    Todd A. Bakal                                Coming soon:
    U of M Apple User's Group                       a new, improved
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          tested, UN*X archive

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
    BITnet:   UserTBKL@UMICHUB                        35.1.1.43
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal           CD PC5:

mgallagh@uhasun.hartford.edu (Michael Gallagher) (03/24/91)

In article <8123405@ub.cc.umich.edu>, Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
> Just a followup on some of the traffic re: copyrights:
>      As of 1/1/91, copyright registration cost = $20.
>[...]
>
>     Todd A. Bakal                                Coming soon:
>     U of M Apple User's Group                       a new, improved
>     Ann Arbor, Michigan                          tested, UN*X archive
>     Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
>     BITnet:   UserTBKL@UMICHUB                        35.1.1.43
>     UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal           CD PC5:

 Just a quick question regarding the subject of software copyrights: there
must be a book that lists all currently copyrighted softwares. Does anyone
happen to know what it would be called Specifically, or where on could
find such? Our local library hasn't got such a publication. I know such
a Guide exists for patents [now listing over 5 million].

Thanks

	-mg