[comp.sys.apple2] GScii v2.0

awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) (03/24/91)

I looked breifly at GScii v2.0 and I like the new Encode feature. Another
feature that I was hoping to see that would be relatively easy to implement
would be to have the option to have all the binscii encoded files to encode to
one file. If you're sending files through e-mail, you don't have very much of a
space limit and Ascii sending one BIG file is easier than sending 10 or 20 or
more. That would be a nice feature to see.

 _     _                           _                                   _
| |   / )                         | |                                 | |
| |  / /  _                       | |                                 | |
| | / /  (_) _   ____    ______   | |       ______    _   __    ____  | |
| | \ \  | ||  _/   | |(____    | | |     \  _____/__|  _/    | |   __|  ___  |
| |  \ \ | || |     | | \/\/)   ) | |_____ \ \____/ /| |      | |__/ /| (   ) |
|_|   \_)|_||_|     |_| ____/  /  |_______) \______/ |_|       \____/ |_|   |_|
                       (______/

                                 AWG0971@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU

meekins@apple.cis.ohio-state.edu (timothy lee meekins) (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar23.202511.13110@isc.rit.edu> awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu writes:
>I looked breifly at GScii v2.0 and I like the new Encode feature. Another
>feature that I was hoping to see that would be relatively easy to implement
>would be to have the option to have all the binscii encoded files to encode to
>one file. If you're sending files through e-mail, you don't have very much of a
>space limit and Ascii sending one BIG file is easier than sending 10 or 20 or
>more. That would be a nice feature to see.

Or at least 3 Binscii segments per file, which is typical for c.b.a2 postings.

--
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (03/26/91)

meekins@apple.cis.ohio-state.edu (timothy lee meekins) writes:

>Or at least 3 Binscii segments per file, which is typical for c.b.a2 postings.

3 is best -- there are a fair number of sites whose mail size is limited to
100K (sometimes less) for space reasons. Internet sites usually have much more
generous storage limitations.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu