[comp.sys.apple2] TGE Library Disk

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (02/28/91)

In article <555@fawlty.towers.oz> johnmac@fawlty.towers.oz (John MacLean) writes:
>I am still hard at work tring to complete TGE Library Disk # 2.
>A number of toolsets in this library disk are to support data files produced
>by various scanner software.

I'm semi-new to Internet, so would someone (preferably John MacLean)
give a brief description of the TGE Library disk project and how
to obtain the product? Thanks
--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

johnmac@fawlty.towers.oz (John MacLean) (03/25/91)

In article <1991Feb27.230241.19955@world.std.com> you write:
>In article <555@fawlty.towers.oz> johnmac@fawlty.towers.oz (John MacLean) writes:
>>I am still hard at work tring to complete TGE Library Disk # 2.
>>A number of toolsets in this library disk are to support data files produced
>>by various scanner software.
>I'm semi-new to Internet, so would someone (preferably John MacLean)
>give a brief description of the TGE Library disk project and how
>to obtain the product? Thanks
>--
>Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
>Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

TGE (The Graphic Exchange) is a commercial product that allows you to
cut and paste (with various scaling, color mapping, and color masking
options) between various Apple 2 and Mac graphics.
TGE supports all of the Apple II modes, plus print shop and print shop
GS graphics, icons, and Macpaint graphics.

This product is quite different from SHRConvert, SuperConvert, and others,
in that it lets you load ANY and save ANY type of graphic (ie: you can go
from SHR to print shop graphics, macpaint graphics etc, not just one way).
You also get recursive slide shows, primative painting, etc, on all
graphics modes.

TGE library disk # 1 contains support for a lot of new graphic formats,
such as GIF (extensive support), 3200 (including all the new standards),
print shop borders, more mac support, superprint, springboard publisher,
PC Paintbrush, etc, etc.

TGE library disk # 2 is a similar effort, but not yet complete. It
supports IFF (including HAM), Utah RLE, Mac PICT, Mac color PICT2, Print
Shop 3, various scanner toolsets, text <=> graphics, Geopaint, etc, etc.
It also includes a new application, which handles all the inter-machine
formats much more effectively (just loads/saves/views/quantizes - there
are no transfers as such).

I try to keep a bit quiet about it all on the net these days, as I know
how long it takes for these things to reach the market.
I havn't touched anything in TGE LD#1 for a while, but as far as I am
aware it still hasn't left the doors of the publishers.

If you want to find out more about TGE, contact the publishers:
Roger Wagner Publishers (RWP),
1050 Pioneer Rd Suite 'P',
El Cajon, CA
(don't ask me the zip or phone # - I live in Australia).
The currently shipping version of TGE is, I believe, version 4.2.0.
It also comes with version 3.7, which can read Newsroom Clip Art and
Macintosh MFS and HFS disks directly, and a second disk containing
some Macintosh software and sample pics.

John MacLean.
--
This net: johnmac@fawlty.towers.oz                      Phone: +61 2 427 2999
That net: uunet!fawlty.towers.oz!johnmac                Fax:   +61 2 427 7072

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (03/26/91)

Rather than quote the entire past articles,etc...

Thanks John MacLean for giving me a description of TGE. Makes
me want to go buy it.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer