[comp.sys.apple2] Support Apple IIs

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/19/91)

It seems that there are Soooo many people who feel the sam way I do about
Apple II computers.  I don't want Apple to stop making the IIgs because of
the MAC.  The term  Apple II forever  comes to mind often.  I think if we
all want Apple Computer, Inc. to continue making the IIgs/c+ we should send
letters (ug, via Snail Mail) to incourage them to continue the Apple II
line.  They get enough letters, they might become more and more interested
in buying.  Maybe instead of having your friends who want a computer, talk
to a dealer (and they will probably talk you into a MAC), they to talk them
into buying an Apple IIgs or Apple IIc+.

        Adam Ford, the Apple IIgs  Fanatic.
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (03/27/91)

In article <8082@crash.cts.com>, aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
> It seems that there are Soooo many people who feel the sam way I do about
> Apple II computers.  I don't want Apple to stop making the IIgs because of
> the MAC.  The term  Apple II forever  comes to mind often.  I think if we
> all want Apple Computer, Inc. to continue making the IIgs/c+ we should send
> letters (ug, via Snail Mail) to incourage them to continue the Apple II
> line.  They get enough letters, they might become more and more interested
> in buying.  Maybe instead of having your friends who want a computer, talk
> to a dealer (and they will probably talk you into a MAC), they to talk them
> into buying an Apple IIgs or Apple IIc+.

I don't think all the letter writing in the world will get Apple to change
their mind. When comparing the IIc+/IIgs to the other computers that are
out now, there really isn't any comparison. The Apple II line is
underpowered and overpriced in todays market place. But I haven't heard
prices for anything in the Apple II line lately, but since Apple lowered
the prices on the Macs, I bet they didn't lower any other prices.

Ryan 'Gozar' Collins 	  Question for IBM Users:      rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
  / || \  The Price!!	      Subdirectory?               R.COLLINS1 on GEnie