[comp.sys.apple2] the monitor quest

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (03/27/91)

Well, my search for a new monitor continues, but thanks to the
individuals below, it only a matter of from what company and how
much.

I've decided to buy the Magnavox 1CM135 Analog RGB monitor...
as soon as the mail order places I've called have it in stock again. I
then plan to buy the special cable from Quality Computers (from
the listing in inCider/A+).

The following netlanders deserve my thanks for providing pointers
and suggestions on alternatives:

pyross@cis.udel.edu (Chris Pyross)
 - let me know via email about his Advanced Electronics monitor for sale

hemphill@through.cs.caltech.edu (Scott Hemphill)
 - let me know of his good experience with the Magnavox

mkoprwos@ub.d.umn.edu (Mark)
 - suggested Midwest Micro-Peripherals as a monitor source &
   also a couple of sources for cabling

dave@ mystie.webo.dg.com (David Kopper)
 - suggested the Sony KV1311CR as an alternative & also
   suggested Redmond Cable as a cable source.

unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu (The Unknown User)
 - suggested using an Amiga monitor

scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Henderson)
 - suggested Lyco as a monitor source & gave me many details
   about the Magnavox, including the part #

Prices I was quoted (which matched that advertised in Computer Shopper):
Lyco (1-800-233-8760) - $249
Midwest (1-800-423-8215) - $269

Again, thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm sure I'll save $$$
because of you.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer

In article <1991Mar26.200147.23465@world.std.com> lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) writes:

>pyross@cis.udel.edu (Chris Pyross)
> - let me know via email about his Advanced Electronics monitor for sale

I misspelled Chris' name....it is C. Pyrros.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer