[comp.sys.apple2] Unix like Shell for the Apple //'s?y

edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) (03/27/91)

I would heartily recommend Davex.  It runs under ProDOS 8 (which means it
will go bezerk if you do things with forked files...  It has a whole lot of
unix commands.  To cite your example, you could just go "more filename" or,
if you wanted to explicitly call it a text file, you'd go "more
filename:txt"  There is a nice wildcard facility; just say you wanted to
"more" all the text files in a directory, you'd go "more =:txt" (if I
recall, * and = are treated as the same thing; ? is used to specify one
char, I think.)  It's not THE C SHELL or anything, but it does come close.
It's shareware, and costs $20 or $25.  could send you a disk, and if you
like it, just send in the money (I feel that Davex is wortha lot more than
this, and Dave seems to be a nice guy :)...)

Ed
Edwin Howell Watkeys III

Internet: edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com  ProLine:  edwatkeys@pro-sol
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys    ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys@nosc.mil