[comp.sys.apple2] AGATE software

CSCHERRER@RUBY.VCU.EDU (03/24/91)

	Is there any final production of AGATE out in the world
	or is there only the 3rd beta release I have gotten of
	FTP.

	I think this program does a good job with ANSI graphics compared
	to ProTerm (which lacks it totally).

	Where I live, there are two Apple boards and about 50 PC boards.
	So I like to use the other boards for My information of what is
	going on in the world.

						Chris Scherrer
|Chris Scherrer--------> Increasing his       BITNET:cscherrer@vcuruby       |
|                      his loan debt daily!   INTERNET:cscherrer@ruby.vcu.edu|
|Medical College       --------------------                                  |
|  of Virginia         I am in debt. Therefore, I exist to be in debt. --Me. |

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (03/26/91)

On Mon, 25 Mar 91 15:28:31 PST Andi Song said:

>        What are ANSI graphics? And what software for the Apple II (GS?)
>can use ANSI graphics? I am using ProTERM, I guess it's not the one for
>ANSI.

ANSI is a standard for text characters.  What most people mean when they say
'ANSI' are the text characters built into most IBM PCs and compatibles.  It's
not the exact same thing as true ANSI, but it's not too far aff.  Think of
it like color mousetext for the IBM.

I know of no software for the GS that supports ANSI.  AGATE 'supposively'
supports it.  I've tried AGATE, but the text was so illegible that I could
barely make out anything.  Also, none of the features worked.  I followed the
instructions to the letter and nothing worked, except dialing.
Also, AGATE is for 8-bit Apple II's and uses double hi-res graphics (in
black and white) to accomplish this).

>----
>ProLine:  asong@pro-nbs
>Internet: asong@pro-nbs.cts.com
>UUCP:     crash!pro-nbs!asong
>ARPA:     crash!pro-nbs!asong@nosc.mil

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) (03/27/91)

ProTERM does support ANSI.  I don't know what version it was put in, but
you can probably get an update from InSync Software for free are $5 or
something....
Edwin Howell Watkeys III

Internet: edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com  ProLine:  edwatkeys@pro-sol
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys    ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys@nosc.mil
BitNET:   edwatkeys%pro-sol.cts.com@nosc.mil

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (03/28/91)

... edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) writes:

Someone should teach pro-sol how to include message text, eh?

>ProTERM does support ANSI.  I don't know what version it was put in, but
>you can probably get an update from InSync Software for free are $5 or
>something....

The newest version of ProTERM that I am aware of is v2.2, and I see
nothing in there for support of the IBM "ANSI" graphics.  VT-100, but not
ANSI.

--
///   ____   \\\     |"It's nothing to do with me.  I am not involved with
 \\_(\____/)_//       \_______ say, `The Lord.'  You believe in something!" "My