[comp.sys.apple2] PostScript Printers/GS

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (03/26/91)

I think I've asked this question before, but if I have I didn't get any
useful answers (blame the mail demons if you sent one.)  So I'll try
again.  What PostScript printers other than the Apple Laserwriter have
people been able successfully to use with a GS?

Please reply directly -- the list is getting too full to follow always.

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (03/26/91)

Has anyone gotten a postscript file to print on an IBM poscript compatible
laser printer?

Platkus

platkus@ecn.purdue.edu
.

P.S.  Specifically a GS generated Postscript file.

lhaider@pro-beagle.cts.com (Laer Haider) (03/27/91)

>Has anyone gotten a postscript file to print on an IBM poscript compatible
>laser printer?

I assume you mean from an IBM compatible box to a PostScript printer.  Yes,
all you need to do is convert the GS PostScript file over to an MS-DOS disk
and send it to the printer by typing:

print filename.ext
        or
copy filename.ext > prn
        or
copy filename.ext > lpt1

It's REAL easy, expecially if you've got a PCTransporter to put it on the
disk in the first place.  However, I generally upload the file to my PC
Clone at work and send it to the printer from there.
                /    _______________________________________________
 \             / /   ProLine:  pro-beagle!lhaider
  \\\' ,      / //      INET:  lhaider@pro-beagle.cts.com
   \\\//,   _/ //,      UUCP:  crash!pro-beagle!lhaider
    \_-//' /  //<,      ARPA:  crash!pro-beagle!lhaider@nosc.mil
      \ ///  <//`
      /  >>  \\\`__/_   The opinions expressed here belong to nobody!
     /,)-^>>_\`, \\\    (Anybody see nobody lately?)
     (/   \\ /\\\     -----------------------------------------------
         // _//\\\\
       ((` ((

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (03/28/91)

In article <30714.apple.net@pro-beagle> lhaider@pro-beagle.cts.com (Laer Haider) writes:

>>Has anyone gotten a postscript file to print on an IBM poscript compatible
>>laser printer?
>
>I assume you mean from an IBM compatible box to a PostScript printer.  Yes,
>all you need to do is convert the GS PostScript file over to an MS-DOS disk
>and send it to the printer by typing:

Well, sorry but you assumed wrong.  I meant exactly what I said!
Maybe if I restate it, it would help.

Has anyone gotten a GS postscript file to print on an IBM laser printer that
supports postscript.  I don't care wheather the IBM laser printer was directly
connected to the GS or connected through a unix net work where the file would
have to be uploaded and printed.  I' heard that there have been problems
printing postscript on non Apple Laser printers.

platkus