[comp.sys.apple2] Apple //e

fransson@max.u.washington.edu (01/10/91)

It's served me well these many years since high school, but it just doesn't
have the memory and speed to handle the engineering applications I'm trying
to throw at it now.  So here ya go, it's my beloved Apple //e, including:

      -green monochrome monitor
      -DuoDisk dual half-height 5.25" drives
      -Extended 80-Column Card (handles double-hi-res graphics)
      -Titan Accelerator //e (3.5MHz)
      -Apple Super Serial Card
      -2 Grappler+ Serial Cards, including print buffers
      -Joystick
      -Mouse
      -Lots of software
               -"PFS:  Write" word processor
               -AppleWorks (You can have the Beagle Bros. utilities if I can
                    get 'em off the 3.5" disk they're on now.)
               -Dazzle Draw double-hi-res graphics software by Broderbund
               -The ever-popular MORE....
      -Apple II-related books (cover AppleSoft BASIC, Apple Machine Language
               programming, 6502 Assembly Language programming)

All except for some of the software and the accelerator board (picked up
second hand) have all original packaging and manuals.

The first $650 or the best offer by February 1, 1991 takes it all.

I would prefer to sell *everthing* as listed here.  However, if someone would
like to make an offer on the computer and only some of what's listed above, I
will sell the rest piece by piece.

I will ship UPS COD unless someone has a better idea.

E-mail me at fransson@max.u.washington.edu or call (206) 633-5196.

                                            -Larry
-    Larry L. FransSOn    ||     UW Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics -
-  Naval Nuclear Aviator  ||             fransson@max.u.washington.edu         -
-    Aircraft Designer    ||                    Live and Learn                 -
-     Extraordinaire      ||                Die and Teach a Lesson             -

llee@gnh-starport.cts.com (Larry Lee) (01/13/91)

I thought that for-sale posts were strongly discouraged from this feed.

| ProLine.: llee@gnh-starport           | Millions long for immortality who |
| UUCP....: crash!gnh-starport!llee     | don't know what to do on a rainy  |
| InterNet: llee@gnh-starport.cts.com   | Sunday afternoon.                 |
| AO .....: Watch this space!           |                    -- Susan Ertz  |

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (01/15/91)

In article <m0iv0MK-00007kC@jartel.info.com> llee@gnh-starport.cts.com (Larry Lee) writes:
>I thought that for-sale posts were strongly discouraged from this feed.

They are, but some assholes are perfectly willing to have everybody else
pay the costs of selling their equipment, so they keep posting "for sale"
notices here.  If you have a good idea how to stop them, let us know.

mdgoodma@CRDEC8.APGEA.ARMY.MIL (Mack Goodman) (01/15/91)

And some people insist on using offensive language.
How do we stop them?

bill@braille.uwo.ca (W.B. Carss (519) 438-0344) (01/15/91)

In article <9101141628.aa26574@crdec8.apgea.army.mil> mdgoodma@CRDEC8.APGEA.ARMY.MIL (Mack Goodman) writes:
>And some people insist on using offensive language.
>How do we stop them?

I have an idea, let's get a moderator.  That way "FOR SALE" stuff won't
get posted, people who aren't bright enough to think of things to write
without swearing won't be able to and - if we are really good - maybe
the moderator will allow us to talke about pirating software or how
Apple Inc. deserves (or doesn't deserve) to go belly up!!

I think the point her is that we are supposed to be almost inteligent
people and if some people won't or can't understand that the majority
of us don't like those kinds of posts well I guess we'll have to live
with it.

Bill Carss
bill@braille.uwo.ca

rhyde@ucrmath.ucr.edu (randy hyde) (01/15/91)

And some people insist on using offensive language.
How do we stop them?
<<<<

Right on!  The language around here has often bothered me lots more
than the bickering that goes on all the time.

hsiaa@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Apocalypse) (03/21/91)

Hi folks,

I have seen a lot of Apple //e users and I was wondering if anyone
of you would like to sell or exchange programs.  There isn't much
out there anymore for our system, so I figure this would be an
easier way.

Ok, talk to me people.  return message to me please.  Thank you.

Art

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar20.220907.17066@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> hsiaa@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Apocalypse) writes:
>of you would like to sell or exchange programs.  There isn't much
>out there anymore for our system, so I figure this would be an
>easier way.

Who says there isn't a bunch of stuff out there?  Try looking around
on the FTP sites; you're bound to find something interesting.  (If
nothing else, you might find SoftDAC, the program I wrote that lets
you play Mac sounds on your IIe--without extra hardware!  The freeware
versions that are currently out are a bit difficult to use, but a much
more powerful and easier-to-use version will be out in the future;
keep an eye out for it (distribution channels have yet to be chosen).

Support Operation Apple Storm!          / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/