[comp.sys.apple2] Hot RUMOR in Apple Land

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (03/14/91)

There is a very hot RUMOR running through the Apple community in this area
that on April 15th Apple will remove the Apple II computers from the dealers
price lists and order lists..

The RUMOR also states that at that time a major nationwide department store
chain such as SEARS will begin selling the Apple II line..

Can anyone out there add any heat or cold water to this rumor??
--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu |                         | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (03/15/91)

>There is a very hot RUMOR running through the Apple community in this area
>that on April 15th Apple will remove the Apple II computers from the dealers
>price lists and order lists..
>
>The RUMOR also states that at that time a major nationwide department store
>chain such as SEARS will begin selling the Apple II line..
>
>Can anyone out there add any heat or cold water to this rumor??
>--
>   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu |                         | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

  Hmmmmm.... Sounds interesting. It certainly can not hurt sales, it just might
help out. You know Sears and will at least advertise the machines in some way.

Robert
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/16/91)

SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.

I dont' think SEARS would sell Apples.  IBM and ShEARS have Prodigy, and I
don't know what IBM would be about Apples as ShEARS.

        Adam Ford "Down with Sears!"
----
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion
Internet: aford@pro-mansion
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (03/17/91)

You mean they haven't yet?

<< MCT >>

GEnie       : M.Tiernan
AppleLinkPE : M Tiernan or BCS Mike
Internet    : pro-angmar!m.tiernan@alfalfa.com
UUCP        : ...!uunet!alfalfa!pro-angmar!m.tiernan

"God isn't dead, he's only missing in action."
                                             - Phil Ochs

hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) (03/18/91)

In article <8044@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:

>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.

As I recall, one of the main topics of user disatisfaction with apple was that
the apple II is not marketed in a more popular way.  Now that the
rumor/possibility surfaces that apple might market the II line through Sears,
we have to deal with Jerks like Adam Ford to who don't like Sears and make that
their criteria to not buy 'any other apple ever' (I am really getting sick of
that same old song.

Here's an idea to munch on:  You obviously don't like apple, you obvioulsy
don't like apple II's - get a Timex Sinclair!

I sure hope that this singular message does not reflect the mentality of a
large variety of other apple II users (like any other user, that is...).

Harry

 uucp : ucrmath!alchemy!hzink |     Financial Independence *CAN* be Yours!
 INET : hzink@alchemy.uucp    | 24hr Taped Information Hotline (714) 276-2020
 -----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Wesley: "Captain, this doesn't look like the holodeck to me."
   Worf: "Ready to cycle airlock, Captain." Picard: "Make it so."

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (03/18/91)

	This makes a little sense. If apple were to sell off their
Apple II line, they would not have all that BAD publicity because of
the horrendous job they do with their Apple II dept.
	And if they were to sell it off, then they would want to grop
as many users to their macs as they can in order to not loose the huge
user base they have now.

Apple sucks, but their computers are great.!!!!!!!
nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu

*     Destiny is a birth-right.      |  nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu              *
*     Not wanting it is a decision.  |  Junior at Bonston University       *
*     Not realizing it is failure.   |            computer science         *

mcgu5464@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Ronald J Mcguire) (03/18/91)

In article <386@alchemy.UUCP> hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) writes:
>In article <8044@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
>
>>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.
>
>As I recall, one of the main topics of user disatisfaction with apple was that
>the apple II is not marketed in a more popular way.  Now that the

I have always been one to get a little tempermental, but you guys are off
the wall! I think what you are trying to say to each other is:
Yes, SEARS may sell the IIs, but they will not develop them any further
including system software support. Instead the rights should be sold to
a company like AE or for God's sake even Zip, who could at least keep
improving the system in its own little way for another 5 years or so.
Then they could be marketed by Pennys (since you don't like SEARS) or
another suitable retailer to the public who would be more than willing
to snap them up at the price which will be comparatively cheap. Other
than Apple asking too much to sell off the line (which I see might be
a factor "Well we *tried* to get someone to produce it, but noone wanted
to buy it!") there should be no problem finding a buyer. I wouldn't
mind, as long as the new parent would *support* it (something SEARS
would not or any other retailer for that matter).

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (03/18/91)

On Mon, 18 Mar 91 01:07:09 GMT Ronald J Mcguire said:
>In article <386@alchemy.UUCP> hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) writes:
>>In article <8044@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
>>
>>>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>>>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.
>>
>>As I recall, one of the main topics of user disatisfaction with apple was that
>>the apple II is not marketed in a more popular way.  Now that the
>
>I have always been one to get a little tempermental, but you guys are off
>the wall! I think what you are trying to say to each other is:
>Yes, SEARS may sell the IIs, but they will not develop them any further
>including system software support. Instead the rights should be sold to

Hold it a second.... If they start selling Apple II's through Sears or
some other department store, that doesn't mean that Sears now owns the
Apple II, wouldn't it just mean that Sears SELLS the Apple II, just like they
sell the IBM PS/1?  IBM still 'owns' the computer.  IBM still supports the
computer.  The only thing different is that you can walk into Sears and get
it, instead of ONLY being able to go to an IBM dealership to get one.  If
this is the way Apple is planning on doing it (I doubt they'll do it though),
then it would definitely increase the volume of II's sold and get us some
real support.

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/18/91)

Well, someone on GEnie said there was something big coming right
around the beginning of April.. and there were rumors that Apple was
considering mass-marketing the Apple II (instead of through dealers)..

That should add a little heat to the rumor mill..

Mark Munz (you know, they're just my opinions & such)

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/18/91)

>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.

It doesn't matter if it is Sears or some other major line, just so long
as there are tons of them being sold (mind you, the price will likely drop
as well if these rumors are true).

Mass Marketing the Apple II would be the best thing to come from Apple
(for the A2) in a very long time.

Mark Munz (just my opinion)

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (03/18/91)

>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.
>
>I dont' think SEARS would sell Apples.  IBM and ShEARS have Prodigy, and I
>don't know what IBM would be about Apples as ShEARS.
>
>        Adam Ford "Down with Sears!"
>----
>ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion
>Internet: aford@pro-mansion
>UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford
>ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil
>BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil

   It really does not matter what you hate. I am not fond of Sears either, but
I go through there every now and then, and I see people who stop and play with
the computers in the electronics department. This gets people thinking, or at
least some type of exposure to computers and it might as well be an Apple.
Right now all they have are IBM clones. I say toss an Apple or two in there.
The more people buy the machine, the more software we keep getting, and we may
even get some developers back into the Apple II market.

Robert
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (03/18/91)

>Well, someone on GEnie said there was something big coming right
>around the beginning of April.. and there were rumors that Apple was
>considering mass-marketing the Apple II (instead of through dealers)..
>
>That should add a little heat to the rumor mill..
>
>Mark Munz (you know, they're just my opinions & such)

  Since we are into rumors again I have one to tell. A friend of mine on
Info-Mac said someone was talking about the way the the LC would emulate the
//E, and said it would not emulate the GS. So another person came back and
said NOT YET. This leads me to believe that there could be a GS card for the
LC, but then again who knows????? Apple?

Robert

p.s. This is just a rumor that I have heard, I don't work for Apple or
personally know anyone who works there, and have no proof what-so-ever that
any of what I said is true. Besides I still want a Mac card for my GS!
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/19/91)

Again, I say write a letter to Apple.  If we don't want Apples sold at (ug
SEARS) we should let Apple know about it.

        Adam
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/19/91)

>In article <8044@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
>
>>SEARS?  Yuck, I hate SEARS!  If Apple send thier computer to Sears, I'd
>>never buy an other Apple, unless they sold them at a different place.
>
>As I recall, one of the main topics of user disatisfaction with apple was that
>the apple II is not marketed in a more popular way.  Now that the
>rumor/possibility surfaces that apple might market the II line through Sears,
>we have to deal with Jerks like Adam Ford to who don't like Sears and make that
>their criteria to not buy 'any other apple ever' (I am really getting sick of
>that same old song.
>
>Here's an idea to munch on:  You obviously don't like apple, you obvioulsy
>don't like apple II's - get a Timex Sinclair!
I love the Apple II line of computers.  I just dislike Sears so much, I want
to see them go out of business.  If SEARS was the only place the Apples were
available, I'd buy it!  I am not going to let SEARS ruin that.  I think that
sentance didn't come out right up there.

If you people would like to hear the reasons, send me E-Mail.
I have had many expereinces with SEARS, just just a few.

>I sure hope that this singular message does not reflect the mentality of a
>large variety of other apple II users (like any other user, that is...).

And I hope that there are no other people with a mind as CLOSED as your
either.

>Harry
>
> uucp : ucrmath!alchemy!hzink |     Financial Independence *CAN* be Yours!
> INET : hzink@alchemy.uucp    | 24hr Taped Information Hotline (714) 276-2020
> -----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
> Wesley: "Captain, this doesn't look like the holodeck to me."
>   Worf: "Ready to cycle airlock, Captain." Picard: "Make it so."

+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                 |    E-Mail me for a good       |
|Internet: aford@pro-mansion                 |                               |
|UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford           |         Signature             |
|ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil  |                               |
|BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil|                               |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|           Maybe something here too         |  If it fits here there's room |
+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+

edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) (03/20/91)

Big enough signature there, Adam?  I think I've stumbled upon something...
Take a look...

Edwin Howell Watkeys III

Internet: edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com  ProLine:  edwatkeys@pro-sol
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys    ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys@nosc.mil

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (03/21/91)

>I wouldn't mind, as long as the new parent would *support* it (something
>SEARS would not or any other retailer for that matter).

Wait a second.. SEARS would simply distribute the Apple II -- not
develop it. That's what this is all about.. assuming the rumor is true.

Don't pull this thing too far out into the wild..

Mark Munz

mvk@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Michael V. Kent) (03/21/91)

In article <30382.apple.net@pro-beagle> mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) writes:
>Wait a second.. SEARS would simply distribute the Apple II -- not
>develop it. That's what this is all about.. assuming the rumor is true.
>
>Don't pull this thing too far out into the wild..
>
>Mark Munz

Yes, but I'd be willing to bet that if Sears were actively trying to sell GS's,
they would stock peripherals and software too.  That would provide a much larger
market for GS developers than they have had in quite a while.  I would not have
problems with Apple selling II's through Sears-like stores (when's the last
time a Macintosh dealer actually sold an Apple II anyway?) as long as they
continued to support it.  When they stop creating new devices like DMA SCSI
cards, VOC's, and system upgrades, then Apple's killed it.

On a side note, when the Mac clones come out this summer, any chance we'll
see a Mac card for the GS?

Michael Kent                                     mvk@itsgw.rpi.edu

leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com (Lee Dronick) (03/21/91)

Selling II's at Sears?  Well I want to see more II's sold, but I hate to
see them being gro in with appliances.  My computer means much more than
that to me, it's an extension of myself.  I know a lot of folks think that
attitude is strange, but I could less what that sort of person thinks.
----
ProLine:  leed@pro-nsdapple
Internet: leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed
ARPA:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed@nosc.mil

scott@brnded.ne1300.ingr.com (Scott Gentry) (03/22/91)

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) writes:

>Mass Marketing the Apple II would be the best thing to come from Apple
>(for the A2) in a very long time.

I agree.  I think exposure is the most critical thing for any quality product.
One must however choose the source of the exposure carefully lest the exposure
become discounted as a ploy.  I think Sears is a very good choice for such
exposure in that it's a ready made, national chain that has experience in
selling computers to the home market.  Granted, the level of experience with
any given platform will vary from store to store however, as sales improve so
does the quality of information being given out (Osmosis:-)).  Frankly, I'd
like nothing better than to walk into a Sears and see a IIGS with its external
speakers blasting out trick music while the screen dances with some game demo
or the like!  Seeing software and hardware being sold can hardly be called
a bad thing. :-)

BTW, Mark, Platinum Paint is hot.  Y'all keep up the good work at Beagle!

* W. Scott Gentry       | uucp: uunet!ingr!ne1300!brnded!scott |   I didn't   *
* Intergraph Corporation| America Online: AFL Scott            |   mean it!   *

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (03/23/91)

>Selling II's at Sears?  Well I want to see more II's sold, but I hate to
>see them being gro in with appliances.  My computer means much more than
>that to me, it's an extension of myself.  I know a lot of folks think that
>attitude is strange, but I could less what that sort of person thinks.
>----
>ProLine:  leed@pro-nsdapple
>Internet: leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com
>UUCP:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed
>ARPA:     crash!pro-nsdapple!leed@nosc.mil

  You are missing the boat here son, we are looking at volume. Screw the
appliances. We are talking about getting more machines out to the general
public. With more machines in the general public, we get more software, more
hardware, and more developer support. This takes nothing away from what your
computer means to you of anyone else on this list for that matter. All we want
right now is Apple //s' selling, as fast and as many as they can push out the
door.

Robert

Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (03/24/91)

And of course, Apple will charge Sears with re-vitalizing the machine.

"Sell the damn thing as much as you can!  We don't care if it cuts into our
attempts at turning the K-12 market into a Mac market."

And of course, the highly knowlegeable sales personell at Sears (who may
have been selling toasters yesterday) are going to push it on any
unsuspecting dweeb who shows up looking for a computer 'cause JR. needs one
for his 5th grade papers.  This sales person isn't going to dump a
cheap Apple II on this guy, he's going to throw a high _*PROFIT*_ machine
at him.

Reality is such a bitch sometimes.

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (03/26/91)

In article <8112@crash.cts.com> leed@pro-nsdapple.cts.com (Lee Dronick) writes:
>Selling II's at Sears?  Well I want to see more II's sold, but I hate to
>see them being gro in with appliances.  My computer means much more than

Why does this bug you?  You want the II to sell, right?  Put it where
people are buying stuff!  Hell, even Big Blue is getting in on the
action; Sears sells the IBM PS/1 in a number of configurations.  Why
shouldn't Apple do the same?

Scott Alfter-----------------------------_/_----------------------------
Support Operation Apple Storm!          / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

In article <1991Mar26.054244.25276@nevada.edu> alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:
>Why does this bug you?  You want the II to sell, right?  Put it where
>people are buying stuff!  Hell, even Big Blue is getting in on the
>action; Sears sells the IBM PS/1 in a number of configurations.  Why
>shouldn't Apple do the same?

	You know, I'm starting to agree with this. At first I
thought it was a lame idea, and still do to some extent.. It would be
much better to have APPLE DEALERS to push the II and keep it in
Apple Dealer stores, but that's an impossible dream.. So I guess
putting them in Sears stores isn't that bad of an idea.

	Besides, the employees can't be much stupider than your
typical Apple dealer!
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! ULTIMA VI GS -mail me. CDs-mail me\
\          McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids.               /

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/28/91)

If Apple Computer, Inc. wants people to buy their computers, they better
NOT send it to Sears.  I have been in Sears.  One day our Mall was full of
people.  Sears is the biggest store there, and I saw 5 customers shopping
at Sears.  Yet, the mall was so crowded with people it's hard to walk down
the hall to a different store.  Plus the other stores were full too.  I
have seen some of Sears's sales %'s and they are going down.  I looked at
different weeks to and each week it gets worse.\
                                                \
                                                \ /

---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.

lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com (Laer Haider) (03/28/91)

>     Besides, the [Sears] employees can't be much stupider than your
>typical Apple dealer [or their employees]!

I don't think a SLUG could be much stupider than the employees you'd
find at a typical Apple dealer.
                /    _______________________________________________
 \             / /   ProLine:  pro-nbs!lhaider
  \\\' ,      / //      INET:  lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com
   \\\//,   _/ //,      UUCP:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider
    \_-//' /  //<,      ARPA:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider@nosc.mil
      \ ///  <//`
      /  >>  \\\`__/_   The opinions expressed here belong to nobody!
     /,)-^>>\` , \\\    (Anybody see nobody lately?)
     (/   \\ /\\\     -----------------------------------------------
         // _//\\\\
       ((` ((

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (03/28/91)

>>     Besides, the [Sears] employees can't be much stupider than your
>>typical Apple dealer [or their employees]!
>
>I don't think a SLUG could be much stupider than the employees you'd
>find at a typical Apple dealer.

I'm not picking on y'all, but if anyone is going to talk about someone
being stupid, at least try to make yourself look educated.  There's no
such word as 'stupider'... it's 'more stupid'.
The only reason I'm pointing this out is because some of my mac friends
read this group over my shoulder in the office.  They don't think much of
Apple II users in the first place, and the poor grammar in this place
(I'm guilty too, so don't flame me) just 're-confirms' their poor attitude.

It's not that I'm trying to impress mac people, but the more people there
are that see us as 'uneducated' the less seriously they're going to take
our complaints about Apple Computer.

Now, to try to keep those original two posters from hating me... I didn't
put your names in and I totally agree with the content of your postings.
I'm also guilty of poor grammar, so I'm picking on myself as well.

Later.

In article <9103281448.AA23387@apple.com> MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET writes:
>I'm not picking on y'all, but if anyone is going to talk about someone
>being stupid, at least try to make yourself look educated.  There's no
>such word as 'stupider'... it's 'more stupid'.

	Wow! Someone is being a Grammar Nazi and attacking me, rather than
me being a Grammar Nazi and attacking someone else! Except for on a
local forum (where someone said I was being grammatically incorrect in one
of my Grammar Nazi attacks), I think this is a first!

	I'm not as much of a Grammar Nazi anymore. Just don't interchange
"their," "they're," and "there," or you're probably get my wrath. The same
goes for "its" and "it's."
--

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (03/30/91)

In article <13874@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:
>	Wow! Someone is being a Grammar Nazi and attacking me

Somebody else is about to do the same, too...:-)

>	I'm not as much of a Grammar Nazi anymore. Just don't interchange
>"their," "they're," and "there," or you're probably get my wrath. The same
>goes for "its" and "it's."          ^^^^^^

It's obvious that the Grammar Nazis probably kicked you out. :-)
Shouldn't that be "you'll?"

Time to break out the boots and the goose-stepping, don't'cha think?
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com (Laer Haider) (03/30/91)

>        I'm not as much of a Grammar Nazi anymore. Just don't interchange
>"their," "they're," and "there," or you're probably get my wrath. The same
>goes for "its" and "it's."       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                  WHAT?  And you were a Grammar Nazi?      ;)

                /    _______________________________________________
 \             / /   ProLine:  pro-nbs!lhaider
  \\\' ,      / //      INET:  lhaider@pro-nbs.cts.com
   \\\//,   _/ //,      UUCP:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider
    \_-//' /  //<,      ARPA:  crash!pro-nbs!lhaider@nosc.mil
      \ ///  <//`     BITNET:  lhaider%pro-nbs.cts.com@nosc.mil
     /,)-^>>\` , \\\   The opinions express here are just opinions.
     (/   \\ /\\\      Don't have a cow man!
       ((` ((