[comp.sys.apple2] Apple II

UD182050@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Mike Aos) (09/16/90)

Beyond Zork IIe, opened but not played.  $10+shipping
MDIdeas SuperSonic Stereo card.  $35 (I bought an Audio Animator)
TML Pascal II.  $50 (no registration card but everything else is perfect
                     unused)
NCR "dumb" terminal.  I don't know a lot about it, and I'd rather keep it and
figure out what it will do.  I'll say $50/offer.  If you know anything about
them I'd like to hear from you.
Claranet (sp?).  It was my uncles, and its sitting in the attic.  I noticed one
on the net, but I forget if it was $400-new or used.  If really intested I'll
go dig it out.

Thanks,

-------
Mike

UD182050@NDSUVM1 (.Bitnet?)        "Share and Enjoy"
UD182050@VM1.NoDak.Edu                    -Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
                    Apple IIgs 'till I can afford a NeXT!
I got LOTSA opinions.  You want one?  You can have it!

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (04/01/91)

I asked my Dealer if he was going to get a IIgs.  He said, "I have been
thinking about it."

Another employee said, "You are?"  She sounded suprised.  He said he needs
to demonstarte the II software products on something.  They had a IIgs
there in the begining of the month, but they sold it really quickely.  SO I
think the IIgs still has life in it in this area...(I hope).  I would like
to find a GOOD ROM3 compatible Public Domain or Shareware program that uses
the IIgs's sound and Graphics to the MAXimum, then give it to him.

Any suggestions?  Are FTA Demos (like Modulae) protected under Copyright?
I mean can I distribute it?

        Adam Ford
---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (04/01/91)

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:

>Any suggestions?  Are FTA Demos (like Modulae) protected under Copyright?

I think they're copyrighted, but they have FreeWare status -- the FTA's main
method of distribution is 'sneakernet' and the online services.

>I mean can I distribute it?

Yes.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

P.S. Rastan, SoundSmith, and MIDI Synth are also good choices...

In article <8310@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
<
<I asked my Dealer if he was going to get a IIgs.  He said, "I have been
<thinking about it."
<Another employee said, "You are?"  She sounded suprised.  He said he needs
<to demonstarte the II software products on something.  They had a IIgs
<there in the begining of the month, but they sold it really quickely.  SO I
<think the IIgs still has life in it in this area...(I hope).  I would like
<to find a GOOD ROM3 compatible Public Domain or Shareware program that uses
<the IIgs's sound and Graphics to the MAXimum, then give it to him.
<
<Any suggestions?  Are FTA Demos (like Modulae) protected under Copyright?
<I mean can I distribute it?

	Yes you can distribute them.. We had them on UseNet, for god's
sake.. If it can go up here it's gotta be "as legal as possible". (I'm being
sarcastic)

	Also, if this person chooses NOT to get GSes, why don't you report
them to Apple's 800 number which was the recommended procedure?
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! ULTIMA VI GS -mail me. CDs-mail me\
\          McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids.               /

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/01/91)

In article <8310@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
>Any suggestions?  Are FTA Demos (like Modulae) protected under Copyright?
>I mean can I distribute it?

The FTA stuff is copyrighted, but that doesn't mean you can't
distribute it. As far as I know, all of the FTA demos are publicly
distributable. The only FTA prog that isn't is Photonix II (I think).

>        Adam Ford
>---
>ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
>Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
>UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
>ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
>BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six