[comp.sys.apple2] TABBY Communications S/w for Macintosh

Peter_Miller@mindlink.UUCP (Peter Miller) (03/31/91)

Does anyone have experience with this soft-ware.
I've been advised to purchase it (to set up a 'point' for a BBS) but I'd like
some user comments first.
Thanks

In article <5339@mindlink.UUCP> Peter_Miller@mindlink.UUCP (Peter Miller) writes:
>Does anyone have experience with this soft-ware.
>I've been advised to purchase it (to set up a 'point' for a BBS) but I'd like
>some user comments first.
>Thanks

	First, this is an Apple II newsgroup, please direct further
questions that deal solely with the Mac to comp.sys.mac. This is not meant
to be rude, just trying to point you in the right direction so you can get more
help.

	Anyway, I personally have never ever ever seen a good communications
program or BBS program for the Mac!  Red Ryder sucks (I think that's
both a BBS and a communications program?!)  PhoneTerm or somesuch sucks..

	Nothing is anywhere near as good as ProTERM on the Apple II  Or even
as good as Ascii Express on the Apple II!!

--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! ULTIMA VI GS -mail me. CDs-mail me\
\          McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids.               /

shrinkit@Apple.COM (Andrew Nicholas) (04/02/91)

In article <13979@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:

>	Anyway, I personally have never ever ever seen a good communications
>program or BBS program for the Mac!  Red Ryder sucks (I think that's
>both a BBS and a communications program?!)  PhoneTerm or somesuch sucks..
>
>	Nothing is anywhere near as good as ProTERM on the Apple II  Or even
>as good as Ascii Express on the Apple II!!

Actually, try ZTerm sometime.  I like it as well as ProTerm and use it on my
Mac (one of them) at work.  As far as Apple II term programs go, ProTerm
is hard to beat unless you want the protocols to work correctly -- but for
scrollback and ease of handling large amounts of text, it works well.

andy

--
Andy Nicholas			GEnie & America-Online: shrinkit
Apple IIGS System Software		    CompuServe: 70771,2615