[comp.sys.apple2] Copyright Symbol <>

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (03/28/91)

David Huang is quite correct.  (C) or (c) is *not* a valid substitute
for the enclosed "c" in a circle copyright symbol.  All computer
programs should clearly spell out the word "copyright" or use one of
the approved substitutes (i.e. c-in-a-circle on a graphical interface)
in order to insure proper protection.

    Todd A. Bakal                                Coming soon:
    U of M Apple User's Group                       a new, improved
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          tested, UN*X archive

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
    BITnet:   UserTBKL@UMICHUB                        35.1.1.43
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal           CD PC5:

edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) (03/31/91)

I have heard the "Copr." is acceptable, also.  If "(c)" isn't, why do
people do it?

Edwin Howell Watkeys III

Internet: edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com  ProLine:  edwatkeys@pro-sol
UUCP:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys    ARPA:     crash!pro-sol!edwatkeys@nosc.mil
BitNET:   edwatkeys%pro-sol.cts.com@nosc.mil

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (03/31/91)

In article <8285@crash.cts.com> edwatkeys@pro-sol.cts.com (Ed Watkeys) writes:
>If "(c)" isn't [acceptable], why do people do it?

Because Earth people are all stupid, stupid, stupid.

scott@brnded.ne1300.ingr.com (Scott Gentry) (04/03/91)

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>Because Earth people are all stupid, stupid, stupid.

I never thought you'd leave yourself open like that, Doug! :-)

Humor...Ar!
* W. Scott Gentry       | uucp: uunet!ingr!ne1300!brnded!scott |   I didn't   *
* Intergraph Corporation| America Online: AFL Scott            |   mean it!   *