[net.music] The name and date of Kate Bush's new album!!!!

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (07/26/85)

["Hounds of Love"?]

This is the verbatum contents of a letter I just received from Kate Bush's
own club:

August 5th -- release of the single "Running Up That Hill".
September 16th -- release of the album "Hounds of Love".  This will also
		  be released on Compact Disk at around the same time.

A video has been made for the single so watch out for this on TV in the
weeks preceding its release.

There will be an article on Kate in the Daily Mail some time towards the
end of July and in the "Sunday" magazine at the end of September.

Kate will be a guest of the Terry Wogan show --  BBC 1 on the 5th August.

There is a Convention planned for some time in the Autumn -- more details
to follow.

All details are correct at the time of sending this note but keep your
eyes open to avoid missing other press, radio and TV action in case the
release dates change.  We will be in touch via the newsletter soon, but
until then ... Keep Running Up That Hill .......

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (07/29/85)

> Kate will be a guest of the Terry Wogan show --  BBC 1 on the 5th August.

This 'aint as good as it sounds, it's about as prestigious as appearing on
"Thicke Of The Night".

( Anyway shouldn't the line read:
Kate will be a guest on the Terry Wogan Show --  BBC 1 on the 5th August.
or
Kate will be a guest of Terry Wogan on the "Terry Wogan Show"  --  BBC 1 on
the 5th August. )

--
 [ I'm bitten by the Rock and Roll disease;
                    Oh, won't you help me make a record ?  Please ? - Fanny ]

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (07/31/85)

> From: jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys)

>> Kate will be a guest of the Terry Wogan show --  BBC 1 on the 5th August.

> This 'aint as good as it sounds, it's about as prestigious as appearing on
> "Thicke Of The Night".

Kate Bush has appeared on lots of sleazy shows -- she isn't overly
prideful about such things.  I have a video tape of Kate performing "The
Dreaming" on an Italian equivalent of Solid Gold!  The stage has these
sickening rotating disco lights, etc.  It's just about the tackiest
thing I've ever seen (besides the Don Kirchner Rock Dancers)!  But
Kate's performance was completely wonderful.  She didn't compromise her
performance because she was on a "pop" show, and it was completely weird
and wonderful.  The announcers did look at her very strangely, though...

Worse yet, Kate's new video for "A Deal With God" -- oops "Running Up
That Hill" I mean -- is going to be on Empty-V!

But free promotion is free promotion.  And it gives us Kate Bush fans
something else to collect!

> (Anyway shouldn't the line read:
> Kate will be a guest on the Terry Wogan Show -- BBC 1 on the 5th August.
> ....)

Who cares?  It's just a difference of idiom, which is different in
different dialects.

			"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr
			 And shine"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

whizzo@mit-eddie.UUCP (David Hardy) (08/05/85)

> Worse yet, Kate's new video for "A Deal With God" -- oops "Running Up
> That Hill" I mean -- is going to be on Empty-V!

Gee, maybe now I'll get a chance to see a Kate Bush video!  Let's just hope
it's not just her lipsynching the song! :-)
"An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a
 proposition.  It isn't just contradiction  ..................  Can be! "
                       Dave Hardy    (whizzo@mit-eddie)
ARPA:  whizzo@mit-eddie.ARPA      -or-     haadav%mitvma@mit-multics.ARPA
CSNET: haadav%mitvma.bitnet@wiscvm.csnet            BITNET: haadav@mitvma