[comp.sys.apple2] Mouse hints

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/30/91)

Next time you have build up on your mouse, try this:

Take out the Mouse Ball.  Soak it in Isopropyl Alcohol.  Then take a Q-Tip
and dip it in alcohol also (fresh of course)  Then rub it on the metal bars
that spin and any where there is a buildup.  It evaporates much faster than
water, so you don't have to wait long to be able to hook up to your
computer again.  It you get oils on the exterior of the mouse, do the same.
It really cleans off/out the mouse.  It makes the mouse much faster...

        Adam Ford
---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

jdeitch@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Jonathan Deitch) (03/31/91)

In article <8283@crash.cts.com>, aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:
> Next time you have build up on your mouse, try this:
>
> Take out the Mouse Ball.  Soak it in Isopropyl Alcohol.  Then take a Q-Tip
> and dip it in alcohol also (fresh of course)  Then rub it on the metal bars
> that spin and any where there is a buildup.  It evaporates much faster than
> water, so you don't have to wait long to be able to hook up to your
> computer again.  It you get oils on the exterior of the mouse, do the same.
> It really cleans off/out the mouse.  It makes the mouse much faster...
>
>          Adam Ford

Radio Shack's professional grade tape head cleaner works very well also.

It's a non-alcholic non-abrasive solvent that works well on mouse crud.

Since it's tape head cleaner, it also works if your disk drive heads need
cleaning, but you have to take your disk drive apart to get to the r/w heads
to clean them.

- Jonathan
Internet : jdeitch@umiami.miami.edu               | "Good musicians execute
------------------------------------------------- |  their music but bad ones
"I'm a Time Lord.  I walk in eternity !" - Dr Who |  murder it !!! "

whitewolf@gnh-starport.cts.com (Tae Song) (04/05/91)

|Next time you have build up on your mouse, try this:
|
|Take out the Mouse Ball.  Soak it in Isopropyl Alcohol.  Then take a Q-Tip
|and dip it in alcohol also (fresh of course)  Then rub it on the metal bars
|that spin and any where there is a buildup.  It evaporates much faster than
|water, so you don't have to wait long to be able to hook up to your
|computer again.  It you get oils on the exterior of the mouse, do the same.
|It really cleans off/out the mouse.  It makes the mouse much faster...

NO!  NEVER-EVER use alcohol on rubber!  Alcohol will dry out the rubber til it
cracks or warps.  Use soap and water, also you might want to clean the mouse
pad.

whitewolf@gnh-starport!info-apple