[comp.sys.apple2] Taito games

<JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu> (03/27/91)

Does anyone know of any copy programs or copy parameters to copy Taito games?
Nothing on Copy II plus works or Photonics shareware program.  Please e-mail me
 if anyone can come up with something.
 Thanks,
 String
 \Know what to kiss and when\

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (03/28/91)

In <91086.130614JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu> <JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:

>Does anyone know of any copy programs or copy parameters to copy Taito games?
>Nothing on Copy II plus works or Photonics shareware program.  Please e-mail me
> if anyone can come up with something.
> Thanks,
> String
> \Know what to kiss and when\

String, this is USENET.  We don't say "copy" here.  (Hmm, do you think I
may be watching too much Get Smart lately?)

--
///   ____   \\\     |"It's nothing to do with me.  I am not involved with
 \\_(\____/)_//       \_______ say, `The Lord.'  You believe in something!" "My
     \_\\\/ greg@hoss.unl.edu \ cat.  I call him The Lord.  I am kind to him."

alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar27.213043.25540@hoss.unl.edu> greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) writes:
>In <91086.130614JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu> <JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>>Does anyone know of any copy programs or copy parameters to copy Taito games?
>String, this is USENET.  We don't say "copy" here.  (Hmm, do you think I

Why not?  The legality of making backup copies of your software has
been established innumerable times.

Scott Alfter-----------------------------_/_----------------------------
Support Operation Apple Storm!          / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

... alfter@nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:
>... greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) writes:
>>... JCC118@psuvm.psu.edu (String) writes:

>>>Does anyone know of any copy programs or copy parameters to copy Taito games?

>>String, this is USENET.  We don't say "copy" here.

>Why not?  The legality of making backup copies of your software has
>been established innumerable times.

Yes, its just making backup copies of others' software is the problem.

Besides, "copy" is too generic, and implies piracy.  Preferred terms are
"backup", "archive", and "make hard drive installable".  Using the word
"copy" instead of a more specific term is a good way to get yourself
ignored.

--
///   ____   \\\     |"It's nothing to do with me.  I am not involved with
| |/ /    \ \| |     \ people.  The Lord knows I am not a cruel man." "Ah, you
 \\_(\____/)_//       \_______ say, `The Lord.'  You believe in something!" "My
     \_\\\/ greg@hoss.unl.edu \ cat.  I call him The Lord.  I am kind to him."

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (03/29/91)

Copy II Plus doesn't work for me either.  If someone can give me the PARMS
for Copy II Plus for Arkanoid II, I'd be very happy.  Ho about instructions
for Dazzle Draw (5.25")?  I can't get that either...

---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Lig Lury Jr.) (03/30/91)

In <8260@crash.cts.com> aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) writes:

>Copy II Plus doesn't work for me either.  If someone can give me the PARMS
>for Copy II Plus for Arkanoid II, I'd be very happy.  Ho about instructions
>for Dazzle Draw (5.25")?  I can't get that either...

I've been able to backup Arkanoid II with Copy II Plus v8.2, but it still
has that annoying key-disk restriction.  I don't think I used any parms on
it.  Apple IIgs version.  Still trying to bypass that key disk bit.  The
3.5" schemes are getting better, but still not as secure as the 5.25"
formats.  Perhaps just difficult to protect a program and still be able to
run it from ProDOS/GSOS.

>---
>ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
>Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
>UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
>ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
>BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

--
///   ____   \\\     |"It's nothing to do with me.  I am not involved with
| |/ /    \ \| |     \ people.  The Lord knows I am not a cruel man." "Ah, you
 \\_(\____/)_//       \_______ say, `The Lord.'  You believe in something!" "My
     \_\\\/ greg@hoss.unl.edu \ cat.  I call him The Lord.  I am kind to him."

basilisk@spica.ucsb.edu (Can't touch this...) (03/30/91)

The parameters for all Taito games are available on GEnie.  I
downloaded them and was able to run all three Taito games from my hard
drive without keydisks or anything.  Unfortunately, I threw out the
param's when I finished with them, but, as I mentioned before, they
can be found in the Apple II library on GEnie.

--
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
| Basilisk, who is he?  Basilisk, what is he?   | Ed Jordan               |

platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) (04/05/91)

>Besides, "copy" is too generic, and implies piracy.  Preferred terms are
>"backup", "archive", and "make hard drive installable".  Using the word
>"copy" instead of a more specific term is a good way to get yourself
>ignored.

This is pretty stupid.  C'mon, this is America.  A person is supposed to be
considered innocent until proven guilty.  So go ahead and use the word copy
all you like, and if someone takes that as IMPLYING piracy, well then they are
just un American I suppose!.

Platkus

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr4.214539.3218@en.ecn.purdue.edu> platkus@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Shawn W Platkus) writes:
>This is pretty stupid.  C'mon, this is America.  A person is supposed to be
>considered innocent until proven guilty.  So go ahead and use the word copy
>all you like, and if someone takes that as IMPLYING piracy, well then they are
>just un American I suppose!.

Actually, since I didn't see a "Distribution" line in your message,
this isn't America, it's the world. I do agree that 'copy' shouldn't
imply piracy.

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six