[comp.sys.apple2] Copyright

bugsy@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Ryan Shook) (04/04/91)

I plan on marketing a piece of Apple // software sometime in the near
future that will (so far) employ the use of Beagle Bros Beagle Compiler.
Will there be any problem in running my program in the compiled mode in
regards to legal issues, if credit is given somewhere in the program? Or
will an agreement have to be forged between myself and the company?

Ryan Shook
Edmonton Remote Systems

Ryan Shook             ersys!bugsy@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

jeff@pro-avalon.cts.com (Jeff Jungblut) (04/06/91)

> I plan on marketing a piece of Apple // software sometime in the near
> future that will (so far) employ the use of Beagle Bros Beagle Compiler.
> Will there be any problem in running my program in the compiled mode in
> regards to legal issues, if credit is given somewhere in the program? Or
> will an agreement have to be forged between myself and the company?
>
> Ryan Shook
> Edmonton Remote Systems

Since you need to distribute COMPILER.SYSTEM with the compiled program, you'll
need a licensing agreement from Beagle Bros.  The licensing fee is a reasonable
$50 per year, per product.  Call Technical Support at 619/452-5502 and we'll
send you the licensing agreement.

Jeff Jungblut
Beagle Bros

-- jeff@pro-avalon

UUCP: crash!pro-avalon!jeff               | pro-avalon
ARPA: crash!pro-avalon!jeff@nosc.mil      | 619/632-7161, 2400, 81N
INET: jeff@pro-avalon.cts.com             | Leucadia, CA