[comp.sys.apple2] Apple's Robbery

rimovsky@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Tony Rimovsky) (04/05/91)

Well, I went to the Apple Trade In Open House today at the U of I.  Robbery.
Complete robbery.  The only thin that I found out that has not already
been posted (and yes, by the way, the prices are as bad as was stated
earlier by someone) is what is happening to the trade ins.  I asked
and Apple rep and he said that they became the property of
Sun Remarketing as soon as they are put on the truck.  Sun will
refurbish the computes and re-sell them.  Maybe they will sell them at
near the same prices....

Tony Rimovsky                                rimovsky@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
CSO - University of Illinois (part time)
Student - University of Illinois (also part time, but not intentionally)
Questions of life :
	"Why is there very little APPLE support for the IIgs?"
	and
	"Will I EVER be able to land an airplane from the
		right seat?"

mkheintz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Michael Heintz) (04/07/91)

In article <1991Apr5.051218.11888@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> rimovsky@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Tony Rimovsky) writes:

>Well, I went to the Apple Trade In Open House today at the U of I.  Robbery.
>Complete robbery.  The only thin that I found out that has not already
>been posted (and yes, by the way, the prices are as bad as was stated
>earlier by someone) is what is happening to the trade ins.  I asked
>and Apple rep and he said that they became the property of
>Sun Remarketing as soon as they are put on the truck.  Sun will
>refurbish the computes and re-sell them.  Maybe they will sell them at
>near the same prices....

Hey Tony!!!!

If you can snag a ROM 03 GS in good condition, let me know!

By the way, did they have a big response to the trade in?

Let us know,
Mike

($201 for a ROM 03, why, yes... that is a good deal!)

BTW was Apple running this program or was Sun looking for some
suckers out there?  (don't forget there's one born every minute!)