[comp.sys.apple2] apple.com FTP site

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/05/91)

What happened to all the Apple II technotes at apple.com? The only
things left are the system software, sample source and assorted tools.
No technotes or filetype notes though :(

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six

kjs39186@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kent Squires) (04/05/91)

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) writes:

>What happened to all the Apple II technotes at apple.com? The only
>things left are the system software, sample source and assorted tools.
>No technotes or filetype notes though :(

Try ummts.cc.umich.edu   directory: pc5

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (04/06/91)

In article <46739@ut-emx.uucp> daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) writes:
>What happened to all the Apple II technotes at apple.com?

They weren't being kept up to date anyway.

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (04/06/91)

>>What happened to all the Apple II technotes at apple.com?

They've been moved to ftp.apple.com -- mjohnson (mark johnson) appears to be
the only person working on getting a dedicated Apple FTP server working, so
try to be forgiving...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/09/91)

In article <15731@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <46739@ut-emx.uucp> daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) writes:
>>What happened to all the Apple II technotes at apple.com?
>
>They weren't being kept up to date anyway.

True, but at least they were there... I can get recent TNs at many
places, I'm just wondering why Apple doesn't have them...

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six
UUCP: ..!ut-emx!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu!daveh |       hours, or else your
America Online: DrWho29                  |       pizza is cold."

SOFT14@dist.dist.unige.it (Fabrizio Rossi) (04/09/91)

This is a README file I found in directory dts on ftp.apple.com [130.43.2.3]:

README - ftp.apple.com /ftp/dts directory

Last Updated: 06 Apr 91

This directory is currently under construction.  This is the replacement
for the /ftp/pub/dts directory on the apple.com host.

Instead of waiting to open this directory with big fanfare and lots of
software, I've decided to do it a little bit at a time so those of you
who depend upon it most don't suffer any longer.

I will try to have Technical Notes and Sample Code, etc. up as soon
as possible, with many more goodies coming later.  Apple II users do
not dispair.  Although the Macintosh stuff will be going first, we
will be supporting much more Apple II stuff then we had on apple.com.

Just try to be patient and little by little things will start to appear.

Mark B. Johnson
Developer Support

domain:    mjohnson@apple.com
UUCP:      {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson
AppleLink: mjohnson
USMail:    Developer Support
           Apple Computer, Inc.
           20525 Mariani Avenue