[comp.sys.apple2] Harmonie/Independence

tooly@zelator.uucp (Theo Schneider) (04/08/91)

Hi folks,

i read some interesting things about Harmonie from Vitesse inc, but
nothing from Independence from Seven Hills.

Can anybody explain me what Driverpackage is the best for the HP Desk-
jet 500 ????

Best regards from Germany

  Theo

--
    |   Theo Schneider           |/|  UUCP     : tooly@zelator.UUCP       |
    |   Babelsberger Str. 40     |\|  Zerberus : T.Schneider@TeleMail.Zer |

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (04/09/91)

In article <W4RPBUQ@zelator.uucp> tooly@zelator.uucp (Theo Schneider) writes:
>i read some interesting things about Harmonie from Vitesse inc, but
>nothing from Independence from Seven Hills.
>
>Can anybody explain me what Driverpackage is the best for the HP Desk-
>jet 500 ????

Theo,
 GS+ magazine just did a good head-to-head review of the two packages.
If you want to look into getting a copy of the issue, contact
 Steve Disbrow (editor-in-chief)
 He is diz@pro-gsplus.cts.com

Basically, it boils down to: they are both really good programs with
lots of features and power. Independance comes with a better manual and
good fonts, Harmonie supports more printers and has a large text file
manual on disk. I don't have either package, but I have used other
Vitesse products and can vouch for their customer service and quality
of product.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer