[comp.sys.apple2] hello, people

aford@pro-mansion.cts.com (Adam Ford) (04/05/91)

CS-ID: #173.apple/tech@pro-mansion, 364 chars
Date: 3 Apr 91 02:25:43 EST
From: steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com (Steve Breeding)
Subject: hello, people

Gee..   Guess what???

Apple has now discontinued production of the //c+, which leaves us with ONE
Apple // computer..   The //gs..

I don't make 'em up, I just report 'em..

And if you feel like checking my sources, it's Don Lancaster in the "Ask
the Guru" column of this month's Computer Shopper...

My only question is:   How long till they Axe the //gs???
---
ProLine:  aford@pro-mansion                  | Please Support the Apple II
Internet: aford@pro-mansion                  |
UUCP:     crash!pro-mansion!aford            | Line of computers.
ARPA:     crash!pro-mansion!aford@nosc.mil   |
BitNet:   aford%pro-mansion.cts.com@nosc.mil |

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (04/06/91)

On Fri, 5 Apr 91 09:36:21 GMT Adam Ford said:

>Apple has now discontinued production of the //c+, which leaves us with ONE
>Apple // computer..   The //gs..

They discontinued the //c+ a LONG time ago... shortly after it was introduced.
They still make the //e.

>My only question is:   How long till they Axe the //gs???

Who knows?  Concidering their attitude, I'm surprised they haven't already
done it.

  BITNET--  mquinn@utcvm    <------------send files here
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU (04/06/91)

Adam Ford writes:

> Apple has now discontinued production of the //c+, which leaves us with ONE
> Apple // computer..   The //gs..

> I don't make 'em up, I just report 'em..

> And if you feel like checking my sources, it's Don Lancaster in the "Ask
> the Guru" column of this month's Computer Shopper...

	Computer Shopper before it turned into PC Shopper last year was
perhaps one of the best sources for Apple II information that I had access
too. Don Lancaster is one of the big Apple II gurus still left. He was the
first one who went to Apple and told him that he could use a laswerwriter
with his IIe and Applewriter and do the most amazing things with postsript.

	He also recently published earlier this year that Apple was dumping
all of the techinal manuals for the GS, selling them at low prices just to
get rid of them. I didn't like that sign either...

							- Hal

jpenne@ee.ualberta.ca (Jerry Penner) (04/06/91)

In article <F08CD5E360212648@MACALSTR.EDU> SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU writes:
>Adam Ford writes:
>
>> Apple has now discontinued production of the //c+, which leaves us with ONE
>> Apple // computer..   The //gs..
>
>> I don't make 'em up, I just report 'em..
>
>> And if you feel like checking my sources, it's Don Lancaster in the "Ask
>> the Guru" column of this month's Computer Shopper...
>
>	Computer Shopper before it turned into PC Shopper last year was
>perhaps one of the best sources for Apple II information that I had access
>too. Don Lancaster is one of the big Apple II gurus still left. He was the
>first one who went to Apple and told him that he could use a laswerwriter
>with his IIe and Applewriter and do the most amazing things with postsript.
>
>	He also recently published earlier this year that Apple was dumping
>all of the techinal manuals for the GS, selling them at low prices just to
>get rid of them. I didn't like that sign either...
>
>							- Hal

Lately, I think Don's been bought out or lost his interest in
supporting the Apple II.  I don't see any signs that Addison-Wesley
has dropped the Apple Technical manuals.  Since Don writes his columns
about 3-4 months before publication, I question his sources even more.
He is a guy who has great charisma but some of his ideas are plain out
to lunch.  (Some of them are really great too).
--
-------------
    Jerry Penner	alberta!bode!jpenne	Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu) (04/06/91)

the dumping of the manuals COULD be a good sign - that a new version
of those manuals, detailing the new version of GS/OS , is about
to appear!
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (04/07/91)

In <9104060350.AA28886@cas.org> lwv27@CAS.BITNET (Larry W. Virden lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu) writes:

>the dumping of the manuals COULD be a good sign - that a new version
>of those manuals, detailing the new version of GS/OS , is about
>to appear!
>--

Gee, it sure is nice to see a POSITIVE view of something here!!
Thanks Larry!!!

--
   bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu |                         | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN

steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com (Steve Breeding) (04/10/91)

It's nice to know that Apple dumped all their technical manuals...

If they did, I wish that I had known about it..   I would have picked the
all up, and sold them...

I also wish that I had known about Sears dumping the Laser 128 line..  I
found out that one around here sold new for $145....

----
ProLine:  steveb@pro-novapple
Internet: steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-novapple!steveb