[comp.sys.apple2] I want p8 v3.2 system disk!

devernay@POLY.POLYTECHNIQUE.FR (Devernay Frederic) (04/07/91)

I didn't say in my last message that I wish to know the last version
number of prodos8 (1.9) nor of basic.system (1.4.1) but I would like to
get somewhere the PRODOS8 SYSTEM DISK V3.2 (which contains prodos v 1.9 and
basic.system 1.4.1 and more...).
I would even accept the files PRODOS and BASIC.SYSTEM.
So please could you:
-tell me on which ftp site I can find these files (since the system
5.0.4 files on the apple.com site are in 800k disk format, I can't
extract them..).
-or please could you send me the whole disk or the files (shrink-ed and
binscii-ed) at the following address:

devernay@poly.polytechnique.fr
Frederic Devernay

thank you for your understanding.

express@pro-grouch.cts.com (Jeff Goodman) (04/08/91)

Yes I would like to know this as well, while you other Apple users sit
around waiting for your new version of your system disk from Apple, so do
us 8 bit users.  I did not even know there was a latest version of the
Prodos 8 system disk around?

lwv27@CAS.BITNET ("Larry W. Virden lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu") (04/10/91)

Well, I know that America Online and Compuserve has the latest
vanilla Prodos 8 system disk.  I assume that GEnie does as well.
Contact mjohnson@apple.com to ask when it will be available on
ftp.apple.com ...
--
Larry W. Virden                 UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27
Same Mbox: BITNET: lwv27@cas    INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu