[comp.sys.apple2] SABOTAGE

In article <B9800E410000420D@RCKHRST1.BITNET> CCSH_16@RCKHRST1.BITNET writes:
>Well, after leaving the Apple world back in high school, I've
>inadvertantly returned.
	Welcome back... (not that you should have ever left the Apple world!!
heh heh)

>Theres also a game that I can't remember the name of. I think it starts with
>a 'B' or a 'C', but am not for sure. You control a gun turret at the bottom
>center of the screen. Your turret can rotate 180 degrees, from straight left
>to straight right. Planes fly by overhead, dropping either paratroopers or
>(If I remember right) bombs. If enough paratroopers make it safely to the
>ground, they "pile up" and blow you up.

	The game is Sabotage.. I have tried to talk some people into making a
GS version of Sabotage with all the old features plus new ones.. It sure seems
like most of the old games (both arcade games and computer games) are more
playable than current games.. Not always, but that holds for a surprisingly
large proportion of games.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! ULTIMA VI GS -mail me. CDs-mail me\
\          McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids.               /

CCSH_16@RCKHRST1.BITNET (04/12/91)

I agree ENTIRELY. I used to love old games, from my Atari 2600 to the
arcade games like Pac-man, Defender, Targ, etc...Any more, it seems like
they are making more and more complicated games...maybe I just don't have
the attention span necessary to figure these out, but when a program
(F-19, for example) uses almost EVERY key on the keyboard for a different
function, I lose interest quick. The old games like Sabotage, Pac-Man,
etc... are somewhat analogous to things like Monopoly, Tic-Tac-Toe, and
checkers. Basic in concept, but continously fun to play. These days, I walk
into an arcade and can't find a single game that interests me except for
skee-ball. I used to WORK in an arcade and enjoyed playing the games.
I don't think its because I'm getting older (ooo, real old-I turned 21 last
week) because I still like to play the OLD games. I just think the new ones
lack something...Well, I've rambled long enough about this. Thanks to you and
all who have reminded me of what the name of that game was...I'll be around.
Count on it.
BRENT D.