[comp.sys.apple2] Synthetic speec

ryanb@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Ryan Baucom) (04/09/91)

   Once I saw the synthetic speech tools...  If I'm not mistaken, there
were two, one for male voice and one for female.  I believe they were
TOOL 050 and TOOL 051...   They were with some shareware/PD game called
"Bouncing Bluster".  I could never get the game to go past the title screen
(I have a ROM 03, maybe that's why?), but I could select the Quit option.
I remember it saying (in a rough synthetic voice) "GOOD-BYE".  I tried
making some toolbox calls with this utility CDA, but I'm not a programmer,
so I couldn't get it to do anything else.
    Try looking at the toolset listing in UtilityWorks GS, if you have that
program.
     Has anyone else seen this "Bouncing Bluster" thing work?

ProLine:  ryanb@pro-charlotte
Internet: ryanb@pro-charlotte.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-charlotte!ryanb
ARPA:     crash!pro-charlotte!ryanb@nosc.mil
        Charlotte, North Carolina

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (04/12/91)

In article <8472@crash.cts.com> ryanb@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Ryan Baucom) writes:
>Once I saw the synthetic speech tools...  If I'm not mistaken, there
>were two, one for male voice and one for female.  I believe they were
>TOOL 050 and TOOL 051...   They were with some shareware/PD game called
>"Bouncing Bluster".  I could never get the game to go past the title screen

These sound like the tools that are (were?) available through TML Systems
(now Complete Technologies Inc), which are based on First Byte stuff.
The tool sets are *not* in the public domain (if they came with a particular
commercial software product, they were probably licensed for use with that
product; as I recall First Byte had some pretty stiff licensing terms, but
you should contact them directly for definitive information...don't rely
on my memory!).

--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II System Software Engineer         |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.