[comp.sys.apple2] Super Mario Brothers GS

stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Steven T Chiang) (04/09/91)

In article <14261@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:

>	Has anyone heard more about Super Mario Brothers GS?? I mailed
>a letter (physical paper letter.. ew.. how  archaic!) to the guy saying
>that I was interested in the program.. He asked for that type of
>support. He never sent anything back though. I've thought of writing to him
>again.

	I know the guy... he said he was going to finish up an older
project first, and then maybe do Super Mario Bros.  He only got like 3
letters and was a little depressed about the low turn out...

Steven Chiang                  Coming Soon:  DreamGrafix  3200 color power
stc7@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
America On_Line:  DWS Steve    Apple IIgs Forever!
#  With a 4 line .sig, which is all my mailer will post!  :P  #

awg0971@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (King Lerch) (04/14/91)

In some article, someone wrties:
>things, but he said that the demo_writer only got like 3 letters about the
>game (one of them being mine!).  So the programmer put SMB GS on the back

Alot of times, you can't tell just how many people want to see that game
finished. 3 letters is an accomplishment! Talk to, for example, The Snow guy
who wrote Smowterm. That is a great program and I'm sure alot of people use it.
But how many WRITTEN letters of ecouragement do you think he got. It's just
something people don't usually do. And to get 3 letters for making a one-page
graphic screen is REALLY GOOD.

Oh BTW, if anyone went through the WHOLE FTA demo (I think it's the Xmas one)
They made a comment about wanting to see the game materialize. So don't be too
sure that no news is bad news.

                       (______/

                                 AWG0971@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU