[comp.sys.apple2] GSCII+ 2.0 bugs?

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (The Loch Ness Dog) (04/13/91)

I would send this to the author of GSCII+ 2.0, but I don't have his address
here and I thought some of this info might be useful to others.

I cannot get gscii to decode BINSCII files that have ANY text before the
FiLeStart line.  Since a lot of stuff of of c.b.a2 and from ftp sites
contains a short descriptive header, this is a problem.  GSCII+ does not
seem to have this trouble with BINHEX files though...  Am I doing something
wrong here?

Also, the scroll window does not work (can't scroll up to look at file info,
it's just gone.)  The slow -> fast thermometer doesn't do anything, and the
skip button does not skip a file in progress and move to the next file.

Anyone else having these problems?

What's the latest version of BINSCII and when is the update to 2.0 coming?

Thanks in advance for any help, and please reply directly to me via e-mail
(or send me a copy of the post) I don't get on here every day and might
miss the replies otherwise!  :-)

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |The Coven BBS (303) 777 2911 PCP via CODEN Stalr*nk too|
|---------------------|100 Megs of storage.  Areas for IBM/MAC/Apple. Games.  |

dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Derek A. Taubert) (04/14/91)

In article <1991Apr13.130139.24630@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> kreme@isis.UUCP (The Loch Ness Dog) writes:

>I would send this to the author of GSCII+ 2.0, but I don't have his address
>here and I thought some of this info might be useful to others.

That's ok, he got it.

>I cannot get gscii to decode BINSCII files that have ANY text before the
>FiLeStart line.  Since a lot of stuff of of c.b.a2 and from ftp sites
>contains a short descriptive header, this is a problem.  GSCII+ does not
>seem to have this trouble with BINHEX files though...  Am I doing something
>wrong here?

Hmm, make sure that you are using version 2.0, 1.x had problems with line
feeds and carriage returns together.

>Also, the scroll window does not work (can't scroll up to look at file info,
>it's just gone.)  The slow -> fast thermometer doesn't do anything, and the
>skip button does not skip a file in progress and move to the next file.

Whoops.  Sounds like TaskMaster problems.  1- make sure the program you are
running GScii from is nice to nda's by calling taskmaster (or I think
systemtask as well, but 5.0.4 doesn't call the RunQ with that, just taskmaster,
so it leads me to believe that the desk manager may have problems with that).
2- try re-installing your system software.  I know that doesn't sound pretty,
but might help.

--
+ Derek Taubert --> derek@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu + Author of : GScii	      +
+		    dat33228@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu  + {MUCH more to come...}	      +