[comp.sys.apple2] AE Ramfactor Troubles

matthew@sherwood.rent.com (Matthew McGehrin) (04/11/91)

I would like to know if anyone out there had any troubles with
a ramfactor with 1 meg on board and a Ramcharger. My ramfactor works
fine until i do a cold-reset or warm-boot, then all the files
on the card erases. I have the Ramcharger on, with the

AC ON:GREEN
BATT ok:GREEN
BACK UP:not on when computer is on, orange when computer is off. This is my
setup. I am in the process of getting a HEAVY duty power supply from
AE to see if that will help.

Slot:

1:Serial Pro with a Imagewriter I
2:2400 baud prometheus internal modem
3:
4:
5:1024 k ramfactor with optional RAM CHARGER, battery backup
6:Dual Drive Controller with half hight 5.25" apple drives
7:UDC card with a single 3.5" AMR drive

Aux:Multiram RGB 512k ram card.

I performed ram test on both the rgb and ramfactor card overnite
and it worked flawless.

Any help would be great. Either email or post it to the list.

Internet: matthew@sherwood.rent.com
Bitnet  : matthew%sherwood.rent.com@pucc
UUCP    : rutgers!bobsbox!sherwood!matthew

--- Eat a low Calorie Donut and support your local PBA ---

root@crash.cts.com (Bill Blue) (04/15/91)

You may want to check with Applied Engineering concerning the speed of the
chips that your Ramfactor came with. When I first received mine, I
experienced the same problems and found that the chips on the card should
have been 15 ns chips and not 12 ns chips. When I returned the card and had
the chips replaced with the correct chips, everything worked fine and has
worked fine for nearly three years.
======GENE======
                          Pro-Magic BBS (407) 366-0156
             Apple Tree of Central Florida, Inc., Orlando, Florida
ProLine:  genie@pro-magic
Internet: genie@pro-magic.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-magic!genie
ARPA:     crash!pro-magic!genie@nosc.mil

daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (04/15/91)

In article <8606@crash.cts.com> root@crash.cts.com (Bill Blue) writes:
>You may want to check with Applied Engineering concerning the speed of the
>chips that your Ramfactor came with. When I first received mine, I
>experienced the same problems and found that the chips on the card should
>have been 15 ns chips and not 12 ns chips. When I returned the card and had
>the chips replaced with the correct chips, everything worked fine and has
>worked fine for nearly three years.

That's strange... I didn't think that using faster chips would do any
harm to anything (although using slower ones might). Is this a
Ramfactor specific type of problem? I've got 80 ns SIMMs in my GS, and
I've had absolutely no problems. BTW, you probably mean 150 and 120 ns
chips, not 15 and 12...

--
David Huang                              |   "Calzoni Pizza:
Internet: daveh@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       |       Delivery in six