[comp.sys.apple2] Hmmmm

On Sat, 13 Apr 91 22:12:27 EDT you said:
>>Andy, quit teasing us will you? Especially since you know you can't tell
>>us about any of your work on the GS finder.

On that note, perhaps a special sneak preview of a couple of items that
came in for the May Vaporware column are in order ( an *interesting*
correspondent, one whose tracks are partly obscured by the occasional
totally off-the-wall fabrication, provided these :-)

Apple IIgs to Inherit Sigificant Maclike Features.
The new nearly twice as fast Apple IIgs System Disk 6.0 is scheduled for
release at KansasFest this summer (mid-July). In addition to Andy
Nicholas's revamped GS Finder major new features will include: Mac and
IBM FSTs (permitting reading and writing of disks in those formats),
support for the SuperDrive (1.44 Mbyte disks), an Animation Toolkit,
midiSynth Tool, and interapplication communication (similar to Windows 3
and Mac System 7). - found in my electronic mailbox

Apple II(gs) Forever (but by Mailorder).
Last month's Apple II's for sale at Sears rumor was off the mark (Sears
is busy trying to peddle PS/1s).  J.C. Penney's wouldn't even discuss a
deal with Apple. However, Apple hasn't given up, they're said to be
dickering with Quality Computers, Applied Engineering (some insiders say
AE is a long shot), and Soft Warehouse. - found in my electronic mailbox

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@YaleVM.YCC.Yale.Edu>    BITNET/Internet
         ...!uunet!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall                UUCP
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

In article <9104140358.AA24762@apple.com> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:
>On Sat, 13 Apr 91 22:12:27 EDT you said:
>>>Andy, quit teasing us will you? Especially since you know you can't tell
>>>us about any of your work on the GS finder.
>On that note, perhaps a special sneak preview of a couple of items that
>came in for the May Vaporware column are in order ( an *interesting*
>
>Apple IIgs to Inherit Sigificant Maclike Features.
>The new nearly twice as fast Apple IIgs System Disk 6.0 is scheduled for
>release at KansasFest this summer (mid-July). In addition to Andy
>Nicholas's revamped GS Finder major new features will include: Mac and
>IBM FSTs (permitting reading and writing of disks in those formats),
>support for the SuperDrive (1.44 Mbyte disks), an Animation Toolkit,
>midiSynth Tool, and interapplication communication (similar to Windows 3
>and Mac System 7). - found in my electronic mailbox

	That's interesting, but what about all the things the Mac has/will
(or wants to) inherit from the GS??

	For example, no more of this Font/DAmover crap, just move the
files around like regular ol' files. (It -IS- neat to be able to double
click on the SYSTEM file and have it open like it's a directory though..
Although it seems in a way better for the user to have things in separate
directories so you can get a list of only the FONTs, for example)

	There are a couple of other things System 7 seems to be "inheriting"
from the GS, although I can't remember them now. So I'll talk about some
features that it seems that Mac people would LIKE to inherit.

	Uhh..  Many Mac people seem to drool over having something like
TaskMaster built in (or will that be in System 7 tools?), rather than some
third party product.. (many people on a local forum don't see the logic in
my argument that TaskMaster is built in rather than having to use a third
party product to do similar stuff)

	Hmm. Color HyperCard.. That's another thing Mac people'd like.
--
/unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu Apple IIGS Forever! WANT ULTIMA VI //e or GS?-mail me.\
\CHEAP CDs info-mail me. McIntosh Junior:  The Power to Crush the Other Kids. /