[comp.sys.apple2] Great new ShellStuff on Binaries and Tiberius

bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) (04/16/91)

  I've just added a few things to the ShellStuff collection.

  Grep- a complete version of the Unix egrep utility.
  RegExp- a port of a PD regular expression library
  BSDlib- libraries to aid in porting BSD and SysV programs to the GS.

  They're all great and wonderful and you won't know how you got along without
them- so go get them!

  Also- I'd like to announce the creation of a brand-new Apple (and Unix, and
X) FTP site- tiberius.cs.uiuc.edu (128.174.240.8).  This is the official
home of ShellStuff from now on, and you'll always be able to find the
latest versions of programs there.

  The site is maintained by the Apple II Resource & Development group here
at the University of Illinois, a non-profit all-for-fun group devoted to
enhancing the Apple II experience.  Through information and support, not
this "synergy" crap.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               |  "Twenty seven faces- with their eyes turned to
Senior/Computer Engineering |    the sky. I have got a camera, and an airtight

knauer@cs.uiuc.edu (Rob Knauerhase) (04/16/91)

In <1991Apr15.230903.23197@m.cs.uiuc.edu> bazyar@ernie (Jawaid Bazyar) writes:
>  Grep- a complete version of the Unix egrep utility.
>  RegExp- a port of a PD regular expression library
>  BSDlib- libraries to aid in porting BSD and SysV programs to the GS.
>  They're all great and wonderful and you won't know how you got along without
>them- so go get them!

The above is true.

>  Also- I'd like to announce the creation of a brand-new Apple (and Unix, and
>X) FTP site- tiberius.cs.uiuc.edu (128.174.240.8).  This is the official
>home of ShellStuff from now on, and you'll always be able to find the
>latest versions of programs there.

I should perhaps clarify this.  tiberius.cs.uiuc.edu is not and probably
won't be a complete repository of software in any of the above categories.
Rather, it's a distribution point for UIUC/A2R&D stuff and some other
particularly good sources.  If you want to contribute anything particularly
nifty or new, there is an incoming directory as well.

Rob
--
Robert C. Knauerhase            University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"I get my exercise acting as    Dept. of Computer Science, Gigabit Study Group