[comp.sys.apple2] HELP!!!

RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Rafael Yu) (06/03/90)

  Does anyone know what Fatal Error 0681 means?  I'm having some problems
with my computer, I don't know if it's the computer itself or the TWGS.  My
system crashes pretty offen with programs under ProDos 8 V1.8 but never under
GSOS.  This is very extrange since it start happening when I got my TWGS.
I have run both the TWGS and the computer (option-OA-control-reset) test and
they don't show anything wrong.  Any help?  Most of the ProDos 8 crashes end
up in a "Fatal Error 0681".

  Your help will be very apreciated.

                    Rafael....
        Internet:    RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu
        America Online:   Veraguas

chm123t@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (06/08/90)

chm114u@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (06/14/90)

In article <27960.266fe0e0@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>, chm123t@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
> In article <12594651224015@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu>, RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Rafael Yu) writes:
            WHOA!!  Something definitely awry here!

>>   Does anyone know what Fatal Error 0681 means?  I'm having some problems
>> with my computer, I don't know if it's the computer itself or the TWGS.  My
>> system crashes pretty offen with programs under ProDos 8 V1.8 but never under
>> GSOS.  This is very extrange since it start happening when I got my TWGS.
>> I have run both the TWGS and the computer (option-OA-control-reset) test and
>> they don't show anything wrong.  Any help?  Most of the ProDos 8 crashes end
>> up in a "Fatal Error 0681".

            Fatal Error 0681 is an Event Queue Damaged Fatal System Error
            and is reported by the event manager toolset.
            I have had the same problem with my TWGS (1.5W8S) but it occurs
            under GSOS as well. It is also sometimes associated with a
            Fatal Error 0308 which is a Damaged Heartbeat Queue Detected
            It sounds like a job for Applied's Technical Support Department
            to me!
>>   Your help will be very apreciated.
>>
>>                     Rafael....
>> =============================================================================
>>         Internet:    RAFAEL@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu
>>         America Online:   Veraguas
>> =============================================================================

             Mike.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (06/15/90)

In article <29089.26778480@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au> chm114u@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
>            Fatal Error 0681 is an Event Queue Damaged Fatal System Error
>            and is reported by the event manager toolset.
>            I have had the same problem with my TWGS (1.5W8S) but it occurs
>            under GSOS as well. It is also sometimes associated with a
>            Fatal Error 0308 which is a Damaged Heartbeat Queue Detected

Try disabling ALL CDAs, NDAs, and INITs other than the ones that came with
GS/OS, and see if the problem goes away.  Some desk accessories mangle the
queues, step on each other's use of the heartbeat interrupt, or other such
problems.

SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU (01/24/91)

	I've been getting a constant stream of these mail bounces...

From:   IN%"SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU"  "SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU"
To:     Joe_Luzzi.FULLERTON_CC@qmbridge
CC:
Subj:   Can't Find MailCenter!

Date: 20 Jan 91 05:46:48
From: "SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU" <SHBOUM@MACALSTR.EDU>
Subject: Can't Find MailCenter!
To: Joe_Luzzi.FULLERTON_CC@qmbridge

GatorMail-Q                   Re: RF modulator question
        id AA14036; Sun, 20 Jan 91 05:31:36 -0800
        for

Press RETURN for more...

	And I'm keep getting duplicates - about 20 total for today so far. Is
anyone else getting these, and if so, how do you stop getting them? Thanks...

steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com (Steve Breeding) (04/16/91)

Due to my own darn stupidity, I've managed to wipe out all copies that I
have of the FutureSound Stereo Digitizer for the //gs..   I own the
hardware board, BUT, since I have now wasted all my copies of the software,
I'm now up the proverbial creek without a paddle...

The board was made by Applied Visions, and they have since gone under, so,
I can't get a copy from them..

Well, people have been talking about this problem with DAC Easy Accounting
for the //e..   Now, I'm stuck in a similar spot...

HELP, PLEASE!!!!

----
ProLine:  steveb@pro-novapple
Internet: steveb@pro-novapple.cts.com